Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices and forum participation

coffeeachiever Guest

Gas prices and forum participation

It seems that the lower the gas prices go, the less interested people seem to be in alternative energies. That is being short sighted and self sabotaging. It's been less than two months since gas prices were $4.00 a gallon. In the short time since gas has begun to approach a reasonable price, members and guests to the forum have begun to drop like flies. This inaction by the American public is exactly what makes them like sheep.
    My shepard is not of the world and this time is is not okay to forgive and forget. This time I will not turn the other cheek so the oil producers can heat their swimming pools in Dubai with my hard earned dollars. My conscience is not clear while I continue to pollute the world. I will not support more drilling or digging for coal.
    We the people are the most hard working and inventive people in the world. Garage inventors like us are the Ben Franklins and the Thomas Edisons and the Henry Fords. There is no reason AT ALL for us to be at the mercy of anyone. If people will not be complacent we can turn this ship back around. Right now I am very disheartened by the eagerness people have taken this pacifier with. There is too much of an attitude of, "there's nothing I can do about it". Bullsphit. Just like Mike's signature line says, together we will be heard.
    To all those that have hung around, you have my respect. To those of you exploring the possibilities, break free from the followers and become leaders with the rest of us. When OPEC and the oil companies try to stick it to us again, we will tell them where to stick it!
    The news reported several weeks ago that the leaders of OPEC will be meeting on December 17th to announce that they will be cutting oil production due to too much reserves. I'm curious as to what the forum will look like after that.

I agree... All of the forums are saying it has gotten slow.

its not just this forum that has gone slow most of the forums i belong too have also dropped off

so don't worry guys I'm sure things will pick up

just because peeps don't post it does not mean they are not experimenting
    also its the season for giving so peeps that are financially stretched wont be able to buy parts and presents

happy holidays guys and have a good christmas

cully

Honestly it still doesn't make sense if you think about it. Even if gas is 1.50 a gallon, and you fill up 18 gallons every two weeks, thats $54. If you could increase your fill to once a month, you save $22 dollars! over a year thats like $264! So personally I'm still trying to get gains and learn in the HHO world.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

I agree that things seem slower here and on another forum I frequent.

I have a guy that came into work and he was preparing for a trip to arizona, mentioned that there was a guy in California willing to sell him a 'kit' for 800 dollars. I told him for 800 dollars I'd build him 8 kits for him and his neighbors.

he's gonna get ahold of me when he gets back so we can work on a dry cell for his F-150

I did direct him to our community here as well.

Mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

I suppose that the lists of those that stick around and keep experimenting as opposed to the "Gas is cheap again, Seeya!" gang differentiates those that are in it for the world and those that are in it for themselves.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

well myself i still plan to experement, i want a car that doesnt need oil based fuel.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

I think the cold weather possibly contributed to the dropoff. But not this much.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    I think the cold weather possibly contributed to the dropoff. But not this much.
    Lol in people or MPG?
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

Well for me gas ain't cheap until it gets below $1.00 /gal. Diesel still hasn't dropped like it ought to. I'm still experimenting with wvo and now with hho. Cold weather has slowed me down on this. When I head to Florida in Jan. with my RV, I should have or at least hoping for a good story.