Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices and forum participation

The serious people dedicated to making gains will stay.

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    The serious people dedicated to making gains will stay.
    I know they will. What blows my mind is that there aren't tens of thousands of people screaming for this technology every day all over these forums.
    In a matter of weeks people have already forgotten how enraged they were about the price of gas. They see the price go down and say,"everything is okay now". But it's not okay. It's far from okay. We depend on a country that hates us for our energy. We borrow money from another country that's tryng to poison us to steal energy from another country that hates us. We send our money for this energy to people that want to kill us. All the while we are poisoning our planet by using the same energy. If the people that hate us cut off our supply of their energy, we are dead in the water unless we attack them and steal it. All this so the people in power can keep their power. Enough is enough. Where are the masses? Why aren't we fighting the oppression and suppression of the technology? Where the hell is everybody?

The problem with the majority of people is the reason why the situation is the way that it is. If everyone asked why and stood up and stated what they wouldn't accept then this situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

We may not be able to effect those that come and go, all we can do is keep working on this science so that we have something to show each newcomer as they arrive.

We've got to keep working on the new techniques and breakthroughs as we make them and keep challenging the old to make sure that we were thorough with them and that they still apply.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    We may not be able to effect those that come and go, all we can do is keep working on this science so that we have something to show each newcomer as they arrive.

We've got to keep working on the new techniques and breakthroughs as we make them and keep challenging the old to make sure that we were thorough with them and that they still apply.
    We work to discover what works and what does not.

It is our privilege to do the work and to enjoy the journey of discovery.

That is what Science is all about, measuring Nature.

BoyntonStu

P.S. My no heat. no adhesive smooth tube seal is coming along very well. It is so much fun!

HHOinKY Guest
    I've been trying. I've been too busy to do anything lately. I'm hoping I might get a chance today to finish my cell (fingers crossed!)

They'll be back when the pink cloud theyre riding turns to muck and falls out of the sky

mikem1977 Guest

......too cold

The weather in Idaho has been harsh lately I had to remove my cell to keep it from freezing, even if I could keep it from freezing, experimenting when the cell is 15 degrees makes it pretty hard to run any tests, my goal is to build a dry cell this winter and start the quest again come spring time...im by no means giving in to the sudden drop in fuel prices.....theyll be right back up real soon!

For me at least, It is more a matter of the state of the economy and my personal position in it. Having just retired from the Air Force, I have cut my pay check by more than half. Currently nobody is hiring (I think everybody is waiting until the new president takes office). As a result, I have absolutely no money to put forth towards my projects. I also have no money to be driving anyplace. So it sorta works out, in a delusional sort of way.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

coffeeachiever Guest
    I can understand that Q-Hack. You gotta eat and pay the mortgage first.
    The economy is in the toilet and it looks like it may get worse before it gets better. Our new president just inherited a big ole crap sandwich with a glass of sand to wash it down with.
    I feel fortunate to have chosen a field that will never put me out of work. People just keep on getting hurt and sick. Still, we are struggling too.
    Even though your budget may not allow you to buy materials, you are still here contributing what you know to the collective effort. That is what I'm talking about. You are making an impact because you are an active member of the group. You see the bigger picture and know that you can make a difference.
    None of us have built our units on our own. Everybody here contributed to everyone elses progress. I just wish more people thought like us.