Thread: Members Reputation's

Arrow Members Reputation's

Hi All,

I don't know if everyone is aware of the "add reputation" feature of the forum, it's the little "scale" icon next to the thread number on the right side of the posting. This is a really good feature to show other member if you approve, disapprove of the posting or if it helped you, maybe just made you feel good.

I encourage all members to use this, the more approvals you get the more little "green" squares you get showing members and guests your status here at "HHO forums" post quantity sometimes (not accusing anyone here at all) don't really mean to much.

The only thing I ask is please don't abuse this feature, disapproving of a post must be for a possible fairly good reason, although as a moderator I have no control over this.

Best Regards,
    Fuzzy

Fuzzy don't take this the wrong way but a members reputation means very little to me ,what does mean something to me is if they have something informative and worthwhile to post that I can learn from.The reputation staus of a member doesn't mean he/she has valuable knowledge to share.Just like the labeling used here regarding newbie,beginner and mentor.Heck Bob Boyce could join up here and have to post 100 posts before he gained status of mentor,a label that would still be way below his vast knowledge of electrolosysis and related systems.On the same note a member could post 100 of his/her best cooking recipies and still gain the status of mentor and not know jack about HHO.

I've never been in favor of applying a label to an individual unless that's exactly what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Fuzzy don't take this the wrong way but a members reputation means very little to me ,what does mean something to me is if they have something informative and worthwhile to post that I can learn from.The reputation staus of a member doesn't mean he/she has valuable knowledge to share.Just like the labeling used here regarding newbie,beginner and mentor.Heck Bob Boyce could join up here and have to post 100 posts before he gained status of mentor,a label that would still be way below his vast knowledge of electrolosysis and related systems.On the same note a member could post 100 of his/her best cooking recipies and still gain the status of mentor and not know jack about HHO.

I've never been in favor of applying a label to an individual unless that's exactly what they are.
    Hey hg2, I agree with you (example scooterdog) but I don't think the vBulletin software connects the posting title mentor, newbie and such or advances the title any with the little green reputation squares on the left .... could be wrong ..... recipies thats a thought

Fuzzy even using the forums worst bad guy doesn't really defend the need for the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE".It doesn't take a genius to figure what that guys agenda was,and the last thing a new member (or any other member for that matter)would see in that instance is the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE"if you know what I mean.In the case of scooterdog(gaud I even hate typing his username LOL)everone would be reading the belligerent posting and I doubt they would ever notice the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE) existed.

Fuzzy even using the forums worst bad guy doesn't really defend the need for the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE".It doesn't take a genius to figure what that guys agenda was,and the last thing a new member (or any other member for that matter)would see in that instance is the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE"if you know what I mean.In the case of scooterdog(gaud I even hate typing his username LOL)everone would be reading the belligerent posting and I doubt they would ever notice the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE) existed.
    Ah ...... shucks ..... maybe your right ....... LOL

In the case of scooterdog(gaud I even hate typing his username LOL)everone would be reading the belligerent posting and I doubt they would ever notice the "LITTLE GREEN SQUARE) existed.
    I notice it for sure. And so I reported his narcissistic ass many times. Finally, the loser was banned.

It works, collectively, so long as a small amount of effort is applied from the majority of people who are offended.