Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dry cell and neodymium magnets

Has anyone done a good job testing magnets yet? I would really like to know how they alter the operation of cells. Any controlled bench tests to compare temp, out put, current draw with out magnets and with (in all configurations).

It seems logical to me that a magnetic field would effect the production in some way. I don't have the equipment to conduct such a test myself, but like most things, someone has likely done this somewhere at some time.

Magnetic field in electrolysis

I am a believer of the magnetic field influence over hho production. The field could be originated from magnets or the current itself.

The orientation of the magnetic field could influence the orientation of water molecules, atom flow to electrodes, electron flow from electrodes. Water is a polar molecule with positive charges on one side and negative on the other.

Water in its usual state:

With electrical current (or other processes) we start to separate the molecules from each other:

At first the water molecules align with our electrically generated field:

After this alignement, our current starts to separate the atoms from each other, each migrating to its attracting electrode.

Then some magnets could really help speed-up the process..

Image Source: Stephane
    -------------------------
    6x6 plates (304SS)
    Currently researching on:
    - Al3O2 .5 micron-spheres blasted to Ni-plated SS electrodes
    - Hydrophilic center-cell tissue spacers
    - Neoprene pressure builder in HHO outlet associated with pre-cell water pump
    - Ni-Ti (.016") filaments welded to SS electrodes to guide current distribution
    - Organic Polymers (selective membrane, electrode life, solid electrolyte, etc)
    -------------------------

Has anyone done the science experiment when they were a kid where you wrap a wire on a nail and stick it on a battery and it makes a electromagnet. Why couldnt this be dont but with a stainless rod instead of a nail. When I used magnets for the electrodes I was probably getting 10x the bubbles.

so you guys saying that instead of washers to separate plates it;s better to use magnets?

A good quality stainless, that's necessary for production, is non-magnetic.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by stephane View Post
    I made a try with a 7 plates dry cell + 2 really big neodymium magnets (7 Newton).
    My cell, with the same electrolyte, same amp(18) produce a lot more HHO with magnets than without.
    I did like this
    M+ magnet positive side
    M- magnet negative

M- - N N N N N + M+

The water flow was a lot faster, I didn't check the temp, I got no way to do it at home.
    Hello,
    I experimented with a old electric motor housing wich have parmanent marnets, placed a test stainless steel tube cell within it and the hho production increased heavily.

hey guys, im realy diggn this thread.. I have been doing lots or research lately about the use of magnets not only to create more gas, but also to sepperate the h from the o after the cell to make it a better more usable gas. The polls based off all my reading are about 50 50 right now with those that think it will work and those that dont. Here is a quick scetch of my idea I did just playing around one day.. was thinking about using elecro magnets to try this theory out... what you think guys will it work???

The mister and defuser is to get the cells bouncing around to help the sepperation process

Quote Originally Posted by stephane View Post
    I didn't have problem with polarity, I got an old magnets paint in red on the + side.
    I put the positive side on the + plate and vice e versa.
    I found that "pulling " work better than "pushing"
    By the way I made a mistake, the magnets I'm using are 70 newtons (7 kgs) not 7 as I wrote.

That "pulling" effect you mention ,gave me an idea of "flow",
    so any device "pulling" gas should go near the intake valve as possible.
    in such a way that the hho flow are more effective.
    Need to explore more about it...