Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dry cell and neodymium magnets

Ive made a cell with magnets but the magnets didnt last long. The magnets cost a fortune so it wasnt worth using the.

Gary Diamond Guest
    Hi i'm new to this forum, been playing with wet cells for about 8 months, Doing my first Dry cell it a copy of Stu's.

Does anyone have data one way or the other, using magnets Thanks Gary Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Diamond View Post
    Hi i'm new to this forum, been playing with wet cells for about 8 months, Doing my first Dry cell it a copy of Stu's.

Does anyone have data one way or the other, using magnets Thanks Gary Diamond
    Gary, First welcome to the forum. I am sure there is plenty for you to learn here especially if you are migrating to a dry cell. Magnetics is something many of us are exploring at the present time. To the best of my knowledge none of us currently posting has made them work. But it is just a matter of time until someone makes a breakthrough.

wcroft Guest
    Hi, new to this forum.
    Been looking into this hho production for only a couple of days and its quite exciting stuff
    Just read this thread and thought, have any of you thought of using a stainless steel coil config, as an electromagnet. Would they not double as an electrode aswell.
    Or as it been tried ?

My mate and I mocked up hho producer yesterday evening, up to now have only filled plastic bottles, and been in awe of the tremendous bangs they produce when ignited...lol.

ccdaddy Guest

can you turn the cathode or anode into a electro magnet ?

Can you turn the cathode or anode into a electro magnet ?

Have any of you heard, of the use of plasma to enhance the ignition.
    they have youtubes on this, they use microwave oven parts.

One guy; that sold out the other day for 8 million plus, they say he got a
    research grant; but he left us this important clue concerning sine waves.
    large square waves produce large production of gas.

This is madness! WHY does anyone think that magnetic fields are going to affect an electrochemical process??? THIS DOES NOTHING!!! Any results that you have, are just skewed... People seem to think that there is some kind of "magic" stored in a magnet. I've seen some people claiming to be using the magnetic field as "fuel" - wtf with a capital F? To anyone that have tried this with the magnets - do you know the first thing about Maxwell's equations for electromagnetics??? My god this is a pure waste of neodymium.

Using magnetic fields does absolutely NOTHING. Please, people, don't waste your time in such a silly thing... there are more important issues to use your precious time on.

FWIW

A few manufactures of electrolyzers have recently changed configuration of their electrolyzers they say for "magnetic field reasons". They are reporting higher MMW readings with thier new configurations.

new cell -nnnnn+I-nnnnn+
    old cell -nnnnn+nnnnn-

They are using a Isolator bearer between cells so current runs in the same direction from left to right or right to left. If I understand them correctly They claim the magnetic field work together and increase Efficiency and possibly production.

I know it is costing them extra material to build them this way so...

Sooo, they attribute a gain in effiency to magical magnetic fields "working together", rather than attribute it to something more practical like LOWER CURRENT DENSITY? This is the crap I'm talking about. Even more likely than the decrease in current density, is that this "sounds" super high tech, and some people will flock to this sort of thing.

If I told you that my cell uses complex magnetic field alignment that works in concert, while the other guy's just uses plain old current to power his cell, who's cell would I buy? I'll stand by this statement: 99% of these designs using "magnetic fields" are simply a marketing ploy to sucker in more people. Apparently it's working if these guys are doing well.(not the fields, but their sales pitch)

ccdaddy, I think 100% of non-deisel powered ICE's use plasma in the ignition - a spark plug.

Designing your cell this way has shown me an increase of 1 MMW. I have test results. The only way to try and explain is with understanding the basics of DC current and the importance polarity. More or less, you are keeping each cell stack insulated from the others in the unit. My config is:

+NNNN-I-NNNN+

I can certainly say that I don't believe any mentionable MMW gains are from any sort of magnetism.