Thread: Chemical Compatibility charts

Chemical Compatibility charts

i have found a few web sites that might come in handy for checking Chemical Compatibility

Chemical Resistance Charts metals plastics
    Chemical Compatibility
    charts

Stainless Steel 304 or 316 Chemical Resistance Charts

Chemicals A-Z
    Chemicals C-E
    Chemicals F-L
    Chemicals M-O
    Chemicals P-Z

Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel
    The term for grades of steel that contain more than 10% chromium, with or without other alloying elements. Stainless steel resists corrosion, maintains its strength at high temperatures, and is easily maintained. For these reasons, it is used widely in items such as automotive and food processing products, as well as medical and health equipment. The most common grades of stainless steel are:

TYPE 304
    The most commonly specified austenitic (chromium-nickel stainless class) stainless steel, accounting for more than half of the stainless steel produced in the world. This grade withstands ordinary corrosion in architecture, is durable in typical food processing environments, and resists most chemicals. Type 304 is available in virtually all product forms and finishes.

TYPE 316
    Austenitic (chromium-nickel stainless class) stainless steel containing 2%-3% molybdenum (whereas 304 has none). The inclusion of molybdenum gives 316 greater resistance to various forms of deterioration.

TYPE 409
    Ferritic (plain chromium stainless category) stainless steel suitable for high temperatures. This grade has the lowest chromium content of all stainless steels and thus is the least expensive.

TYPE 410
    The most widely used martensitic (plain chromium stainless class with exceptional strength) stainless steel, featuring the high level of strength conferred by the martensitic. It is a low-cost, heat-treatable grade suitable for non-severe corrosion applications.

TYPE 430
    The most widely used ferritic (plain chromium stainless category) stainless steel, offering general-purpose corrosion resistance, often in decorative applications.

Lightbulb

I have visit your recommended web sites that might come in handy for checking Chemical Compatibility but i have not knowledge to use the method to compare the compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    i have found a few web sites that might come in handy for checking Chemical Compatibility

Chemical Resistance Charts metals plastics
    Chemical Compatibility
    charts

Stainless Steel 304 or 316 Chemical Resistance Charts

Chemicals A-Z
    Chemicals C-E
    Chemicals F-L
    Chemicals M-O
    Chemicals P-Z
    Very good compat. chart in my signature link.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

Victor the link is no longer any good. 404-Page Not Found
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Victor the link is no longer any good. 404-Page Not Found
    Got it fixed.

By the way, Carter,
    is this forum slowly dying and another HHO cloud rizing at http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au ???
    Would the owner of this forum be interesting selling this website? I would buy it!!!
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

Got it fixed.

By the way, Carter,
    is this forum slowly dying and another HHO cloud rizing at http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au ???
    Would the owner of this forum be interesting selling this website? I would buy it!!!
    No I do not think it is dying in either place. Number of pages viewed has been increasing everyday. Everybody is working on a lot of new stuff and testing things and will be posting about some of it soon. It is like your controller it doesn't happen overnight. Just like your unipolar reactor. Everything takes time and then you have to test it before you put your foot in your mouth. I will email you with some interesting stuff. Drive safe.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .