Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

My best wishes to ya all for a very Merry Christmas and an up and coming New Year

Same to you Carolinablue and to all of the other forum members!

coffeeachiever Guest
    Hope Santa is good to you all. This is truly an exceptional and deserving group.

Not all of us celebrate Christmas, but I understand the gesture, so I'll say Merry Christmas back at you.

I would have used the red and green smilies, but the red guy looks kinda mad... how about this guy... he looks kinda like a snowman.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Quonza (spelling on those 2 ?) Happy Holidays to everyone as appropriate HAHA..

I hate being trying to be politically correct, but I also hate to offend anyone or leave anyone out.

Whatever your seasonal spirit, at least we got some time off work, and hopefully y'all enjoy your time off. Happy holidays to everyone.

I agree with Coffee.. this is a great and deserving group. I'm glad to be a part.

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Question What religious holiday was/is celebrated on January 1st?

This question was not a trivia question a few years ago.

I bring it up to educate the group about a pretty interesting part of religious history.

BoyntonStu

Merry Christmas to you all and your loved ones. Christmas is a time for family and let's make 2009 the year of the environment and the hydrogen fuel revolution!

Looking forward to another year in a great forum with great people!

God bless!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    This question was not a trivia question a few years ago.

I bring it up to educate the group about a pretty interesting part of religious history.

BoyntonStu
    You know, I have always wondered why, if the current Gregorian calendar is based on the incarnation of Jesus, why does it start on 1 Jan. Shouldn't the birth of Christ and the New Year coincide?

Beyond that? I have no idea what religious Holiday 1 Jan refers to....
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    You know, I have always wondered why, if the current Gregorian calendar is based on the incarnation of Jesus, why does it start on 1 Jan. Shouldn't the birth of Christ and the New Year coincide?

Beyond that? I have no idea what religious Holiday 1 Jan refers to....
    January 1st was set as the first day of the new year by Julius Ceasar, when he instigated the Julian calendar.

The original birthdate of Christ is unknown, December 25th has simply become the 'used' day.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    January 1st was set as the first day of the new year by Julius Ceasar, when he instigated the Julian calendar.

The original birthdate of Christ is unknown, December 25th has simply become the 'used' day.
    True, but it just seems odd that they would create a calendar based on the Birth of Christ and then move his birthday to the same day as the winter solstice. Thereby taking over a pagan holiday (The story of Santa started out very much pagan)

So, anyway... Hopefully Stu will jump back in with his tale about 1 Jan?
    --