Thread: 316 l ?

316 l ?

Hi Jim In Calgary
    I purchased a HHO Generator from e-bay. They claim it's 316 L SS. It arrived today and looks exactly as it was pictured. ( I didn't notice it said shipped from Europe (Ukriane they didn't mention) lower down in the details). I placed a Fridge magnet on the plates and it sticks to it. Does this mean I just got screwed? I might just try using it as is to see what happens. If it's a sham then I can use everything they sent me and install my own SS plates. It's set up as -nn+nn-nn+. I'll be a little more cautious with my e-bay purchases. Any ideas anyone ?? Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary View Post
    Hi Jim In Calgary
    I purchased a HHO Generator from e-bay. They claim it's 316 L SS. It arrived today and looks exactly as it was pictured. ( I didn't notice it said shipped from Europe (Ukriane they didn't mention) lower down in the details). I placed a Fridge magnet on the plates and it sticks to it. Does this mean I just got screwed? I might just try using it as is to see what happens. If it's a sham then I can use everything they sent me and install my own SS plates. It's set up as -nn+nn-nn+. I'll be a little more cautious with my e-bay purchases. Any ideas anyone ?? Thanks Jim
    Some stainless steel is magnetic... not 316L but I believe 304 is. If I were you I would go ahead and use those plates but rearrange them into a +nnnnn- configuration. The cell wont heat up nearly as fast.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!