Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water as fuel?

Exclamation Water as fuel?

Water as fuel?

Natural gas, coal, oil, and wood, are examples of fuels.

Water is oxidized Hydrogen and it is therefore water is burned fuel.

A single match can start a forest fire.

Drop a match into water, does it burn? Fuels burn.

We have to unmake water with energy to generate Hydrogen.

Hydrogen from water is not fuel, it is a carrier of energy, just like a battery.

To say that water is a fuel is to say that a battery is a fuel.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    I think someone forgot to take their meds.
    I have to respect the way Stu thinks as it's outside the box. However, I have to admit, it seems as if Dr. Jackson's (shane) diagnosis is spot on. Stu like to sprk discussions to "kick" people's minds outside the box. in a weird way, it does generate some intelligent discussions from time to time...

Although, the last few times stu has chimed in, he hasn't really participated in the discussion.
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

fu·el (fyl)
    n.
    1. Something consumed to produce energy, especially:
    a. A material such as wood, coal, gas, or oil burned to produce heat or power.
    b. Fissionable material used in a nuclear reactor.
    c. Nutritive material metabolized by a living organism; food.
    2. Something that maintains or stimulates an activity or emotion

in our HHO generators, would the water be the fuel? or would the electricity be the fuel as it's comsumed to produce power...

in the grand scheme, if water were comsumed to power an automobile, regardless of the means of comsumption, could it be a fuel??

just because we BURN the gasoline in our engines, does that alone make it a fuel??

what if we use the gasoline for electrolysis, would that make it less of a fuel??

if i use gasoline to clean my hands, is it still fuel?? or hand cleaner??

mike

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    fu·el (fyl)
    n.
    1. Something consumed to produce energy, especially:
    a. A material such as wood, coal, gas, or oil burned to produce heat or power.
    b. Fissionable material used in a nuclear reactor.
    c. Nutritive material metabolized by a living organism; food.
    2. Something that maintains or stimulates an activity or emotion

in our HHO generators, would the water be the fuel? or would the electricity be the fuel as it's comsumed to produce power...

in the grand scheme, if water were comsumed to power an automobile, regardless of the means of comsumption, could it be a fuel??

just because we BURN the gasoline in our engines, does that alone make it a fuel??

what if we use the gasoline for electrolysis, would that make it less of a fuel??

if i use gasoline to clean my hands, is it still fuel?? or hand cleaner??

mike
    Water is not burned, Gasoline or coal or nuclear energy is consumed in order to generate electricity. These fuels were consumed.

Now we use the Hydrogen to burn.

Consider a battery. Like hydrogen, fuels must be consumed to charge the battery.

Is battery a fuel?

What is the difference between a charged battery and Hydroxy created out the same electricity?

Nada. Hydroxy and the battery are both energy carriers.

BoyntonStu

Beauty is temporary, stupidity is forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Water is not burned, Gasoline or coal or nuclear energy is consumed in order to generate electricity. These fuels were consumed.

you're stuck thinking that consuming = burning. when you eat dinner, do you burn your food? is the food fuel? if a vehicle were to consume only water, and operate, would the water be fuel?? regardless if it's used to produce HHO??

Now we use the Hydrogen to burn.

Isn't the water consumed by the process of electrolysis to produce fuel (hydroxy?)

Consider a battery. Like hydrogen, fuels must be consumed to charge the battery.

Is battery a fuel?

What is the difference between a charged battery and Hydroxy created out the same electricity?

Nada. Hydroxy and the battery are both energy carriers.

is the debate about water as fuel? or was the debate about hydroxy as fuel??

BoyntonStu

and 1 finger pointing out an insult while 3 point back

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post

BoyntonStu

Stu? Okay then. Let's say I get a 911 call to an old geezer with heart palpitations. When I get to the scene it's you. I put you on the monitor and see that you are in supraventricular tachycardia. I say,"Stu, your heart rate is much to fast. You're not perfusing. I'm going to have to cardiovert you". You say,"what does that mean". I say, "Oh, you must be stupid, you don't know what I'm talking about. Are you going to be stupid forever?"
    Not cool man.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    Stu? Okay then. Let's say I get a 911 call to an old geezer with heart palpitations. When I get to the scene it's you. I put you on the monitor and see that you are in supraventricular tachycardia. I say,"Stu, your heart rate is much to fast. You're not perfusing. I'm going to have to cardiovert you". You say,"what does that mean". I say, "Oh, you must be stupid, you don't know what I'm talking about. Are you going to be stupid forever?"
    Not cool man.
    Thanks coffee for sticking up for me. I pointed out this observation in another post but stu neglected to read it.

All i said was that just because a person may not understand what one is talking about doesn't make them stupid.

a harmless debate is just that. Sparking an intellectual conversation is definitely welcome as well. Insulting just to make yourself feel/look superior is actually still just as childish as the 5th graders that did it to me

mike

Back on the original subject:

Should we define a fuel as something which can be combusted? I think not.

Consider a steam engine, a boiler heats water which is injected as steam to push a piston. Effectively, expansion at work. However, one would probably assume that the coal or whatever was heating the boiler was the fuel.

Consider this:

*EVERYTHING* burns, its simply a matter of the amount of heat needed to initiate combustion. When we burn gasoline, we introduce sufficient heat via a spark which causes the hydrogen to dissassociate from the carbons and bond with oxygen. Similarly, the carbons and other elements also bond with oxygen.

Water can also be burnt, with sufficient temperature. A plasma spark is hot enough to dissassociate the H and O and then fuse them together then, creating heat.

All combustion creates heat, this is the energy that we want in most cases.

I would say that a fuel is something that we want to cause to react with another substance (oxygen, for example) via the introduction of a catalyst or energy in order to obtain heat or expansion.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Russ, in your example of the steam engine i'll add this:

I agree that the coal or wood is the fuel for the fire..(fire = energy produced from the burning (method of consumption in this instance) of this fuel)

the fire is then used to heat the water which is the fuel for the steam engine since the water is consumed (utilized) and during utilization the energy propels the engine the by product (exhaust) is the steam that's allowed to exit the engine.

in a water as only fuel source, plasma could be the method of consumption, or using the water to make HHO could be the method of consumption, but water in this instance cold be the fuel. In the water to make HHO could be analgous to the coal (or wood) to 'make' steam. electricity = coal or wood, burning the wood/coal = electrolysis by product is steam or HHO... either way, the water is consumed in both respects.

Do we not use one fuel source to create another?

mike

coffeeachiever Guest
    As long as we're thinking outside the box, why does a fuel have to be consumed? Why can it not be renewable? Recycled? That would be the perfect fuel right? That would be free energy. Overunity. Our Grail.