Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flow Problem

I lowered the level in the storage tank and increased the solution strength. I got the amps up to 8 and the flow started getting better. I then made a small trip in town to give it time to mix in and when I returned, it looked a lot better. I do have a loop in one line in order to get it through the truck body to my storage tank but it is only about 2 inches higher.
    I am going to run it this way for a couple of days and let it burn in and then increase the solution strength again. I am planning on getting it to 15 amps before I call it good.

Oh and by the way, the scan gauge showed my average mileage in town was 20.4 miles to the gallon. Not bad at 8 amps in a crew cab 5.4 engine. I'm very pleased. The only other thing that I am using is a PWM.

Bassman as Painless can tell you (and others if you pick a search engine of your choice) the scan gauge isn't very accurate at calculating MPG.. it uses inputs from a few sensors that may give incorrect readings when HHO is introduced ..

the only way to really get accurate readings is miles driven per fillup
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Bassman as Painless can tell you (and others if you pick a search engine of your choice) the scan gauge isn't very accurate at calculating MPG.. it uses inputs from a few sensors that may give incorrect readings when HHO is introduced ..

the only way to really get accurate readings is miles driven per fillup
    I realize that but continually monitoring it does give a pretty accurate indication of whether its going up or down. I will tell you that I have checked my scan gauge everytime that I fill up with gas and it has been accurate to 1/10th gallon each time and so far the MPG has been just as accurate. That isn't saying that it will be the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I realize that but continually monitoring it does give a pretty accurate indication of whether its going up or down. I will tell you that I have checked my scan gauge everytime that I fill up with gas and it has been accurate to 1/10th gallon each time and so far the MPG has been just as accurate. That isn't saying that it will be the next time.
    do you have any electronic mods??

efie, map/maf enhancer or o2 extenders installed yet??

mike

I am working on the EFIE now, As soon as I get it built, I will let you know if it improves. I have increased my solution strength and have the cell running at 15 amps. The mileage has improved some in town but gets worst at highway speeds. I think that the output is the main factor. Probably not enough for the higher speeds.
    I do see an improvement in mileage on the highway but not as much as in town.
    My gaskets are leaking also and I am going to change them out and then I will increase the solution more before I check the output volume.

let us know what you come up with for output.

mike