Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow Problem

Flow Problem

I just got my dry cell installed and the first test resulted in gas forming in the input line and then as pressure builds, it then flows through the cell and gives a lot of output, then stalls for a while, starting a new cycle.
    How can I get a steady flow in one direction?
    Maybe a check valve? I am using 3/8" soft plastic lines. Does anyone make a plastic check valve in that size?

McMaster Carr sells the check valves you are looking for but I have had no problems at all with gas flowing out the input. How about some pic's maybe we could help without you spending money.

sometimes the height of the reservoir, in relation to the cell, can help or hinder this problem.

pics would help us to help you as well.
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I just got my dry cell installed and the first test resulted in gas forming in the input line and then as pressure builds, it then flows through the cell and gives a lot of output, then stalls for a while, starting a new cycle.
    How can I get a steady flow in one direction?
    Maybe a check valve? I am using 3/8" soft plastic lines. Does anyone make a plastic check valve in that size?
    What is your setup(how many plates and neutrals)?

It reminds me of a coffee pot the way it perks. You are right about the low flow. It is only drawing 5 amps. I am still conditioning it. Pictures may be hard as it is between the grill and radiator. I will try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    what is your setup(how many plates and neutrals)?
    -nnnnn+nnnnn-

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    sometimes the height of the reservoir, in relation to the cell, can help or hinder this problem.

pics would help us to help you as well.
    The output from the tank to the cell is about 8" higher. The output from the cell to the tank is about 16". The tank holds about 3/4 gallon and I have the input to the tank just above the liquid level. The output of the tank to the bubbler is about 4" above the tank input from the cell. Pictures to follow.

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    -nnnnn+nnnnn-
    Try using four neutrals per set instead of five. I set mine up with four per set based on EBN's reccomendation and my flow is fine.

Edit: it occurs to me a few minutes later that I have eight more plates in my setup too. Not sure how that will affect amp draw if you reconfigure yours. Might just be a try and see thing.

Bassman,

What you're describing is typical of a cell where the hoses both to the cell and back to the reservoir are not in a straight run. Make sure that the hoses make as straight a run up or down as applicable and do not allow any loops of dips to form.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Bassman,

What you're describing is typical of a cell where the hoses both to the cell and back to the reservoir are not in a straight run. Make sure that the hoses make as straight a run up or down as applicable and do not allow any loops of dips to form.

Russ.
    I was getting ready to type this as I read it.

Also wouldn't hurt to try and lower the reservoir a bit as well

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE