Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crude oil prices are on the rise

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jriggs_18 View Post
    What is plural for odour?

What is an example of odour used in a sentance?

How can odour be used to create OU?
    I laughed out loud. Very funny.

If the earth really does tilt on its axis in 2012 as some tend to think it will; if this creates global natural disasters and forces us to live in colonies, then progressive technology has a chance. Other than that it will take a revolution of epic and global proportions to shift the balance of power from the wealthy elite back into the hands of the people. No leader will ever be allowed to take us there.
    I honestly don't know which I prefer, global catastrophe or massive uprising. At least if the infrastructure is destroyed, large scale corruption would have to stop and real progress could be made. Or to quote another forum member, "maybe I'm smoking crack and idont know what the **** I'm talking about".

Quote Originally Posted by jriggs_18 View Post
    What is plural for odour?

What is an example of odour used in a sentance?

How can odour be used to create OU?
    The plural of 'odour' is 'odours'.

'Odour' in a sentence would be "There was a rather nasty odour coming from the oil company boardroom".

You will find the word 'odour' in a standard english dictionary, not in an american english one.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post

You will find the word 'odour' in a standard english dictionary, not in an american english one.
    and the sad part about this fact is that's where most of the 'american' english originated.. standard english..

now i'm a bit saddened to say that american's don't talk like this anymore. (properly)

in fact, i think it's disgusting that 'bootylicious' is in the dictionary.

Adjective: bootylicious 'boo-tee`li-shus
    Usage: US

Having strong sexual appeal
    "bootylicious barmaids"
    - juicy, luscious, red-hot, toothsome, voluptuous
    See also: sexy

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

I'm assuming all of you know that the last serious upturn in oil prices was caused by oil speculators not producers. They bid oil futures up and got the prices rising. When they decided it had about peaked the original guys sold out and let the late comers take the loses. This profit taking changed our whole world. The auto makers were already in trouble and now no one wanted their gas guzzling cars. So they had to set about retooling their plants to make smaller more efficient cars. People lost their jobs as a backlash of this profit taking. In reality what those speculators did should be labeled "economic terrorism" as in then end that was the result. Our economy was already in trouble and that was simply the straw that helped break it's back. To protect the populace of our country from further missdeeds of this sort there should be a law passed forbidding trading in oil futures. In all probability a few very wealthy men probably cooked up this scheme in secret. You couldn't have too many people know what was going on if it was to work. A group of 15 to 20 men in concert could easily pull this off if they were wealthy and working together. Then when the group decided they would all sell off to new investors coming into the market hoping to share in the huge profits. The new guys were left holding the bag and the small group of very wealthy men quietly laughed. This story isn't really all that far fetched as it's basics are all true. How many were in on it is simply speculation.

Dave Nowlin

i agree 100% dave.

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE