Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Double cell in series

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I am looking at your cells and honestly, I am not seeing how your negative plate is making contact. Poor electrical connections can cause alot of heat, and its possible that you are getting alot of leakage. You should be seeing alot more production for 22amps.
    Stratous,
    I have checked for leaks but I will double check; please see if attach diagrams make sense to you. awaiting your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Thanks; Stratous. I have connected three cells in series; '+n-n+' config, with 1/8 spacing. Following are my reading on voltage and amp. I have yet to measure gas output.. hopefully in couple of days.

Cell #1: 4.03 v, voltage on neutral plate ~2v
    Cell #2: 3.78 v; voltage on neutral plate ~2.10v
    Cell #3: 4.40 v; voltage on neutral plate ~ 2.15v

Total amp < 3.5; kept running for 1 hr.

Question: How come 12.xx voltage from car battery is not equally divided; may it is based on slight difference between gap for each plate, surface across three cells.
    Its because the cells have resistance, so as it builds in a series circuit, then the voltage will decrease.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I am looking at your cells and honestly, I am not seeing how your negative plate is making contact. Poor electrical connections can cause alot of heat, and its possible that you are getting alot of leakage. You should be seeing alot more production for 22amps.
    Kudos to Stratous,

I changed the negative plates orientation to have proper contact using jam nuts; I have two plates connected by (screw) & two nuts, having negative wire in between two nuts. Something like this…(please see attached picture). Gas production has doubled!!!; Also double checked for leaks. There is none.

Next step is to seal plate edges. I sealed earlier with silicon based glue from Home Depot but it came off. Now I am planning to use pro-grade duct tape. What do you think?

Thanks again for your valuable input; I will post photos and LPM.