Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Double cell in series

Quote Originally Posted by greuvin View Post
    I want one for my Subaru!!!!
    I believe I have posted the general specs in this thread, you can build it yourself if you have the general resources to purchase and cut all the materials. Its not difficult to make, just takes time to acquire all the tools. You could contract me to build it for you, I like that idea even better.....lol
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

greuvin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I believe I have posted the general specs in this thread, you can build it yourself if you have the general resources to purchase and cut all the materials. Its not difficult to make, just takes time to acquire all the tools. You could contract me to build it for you, I like that idea even better.....lol

Wish I did, but I'm on temporary assignment in Houston. No shop or tools here.
    So, how much you want for it????????????

Edit. I have a 2.5 litre Subaru 4 cylinder. I'm running the W4G set-up right now. Disappointed with the results so far. Just looking to make more mpg.

Wako216 Guest
    nice do you have pictures of your four cell? Im all set with materials (i work in a metal stamping plant and scrap medical equip at a scrap yard on the side) but I dont wanna just make a rinky dink cell Ive done that with the pvc pipe wall plate one i made lol, i want a multi cell setup but cant decide on a series or parallel config. any input ? thanks man and once again nice clean work

Quote Originally Posted by Wako216 View Post
    nice do you have pictures of your four cell? Im all set with materials (i work in a metal stamping plant and scrap medical equip at a scrap yard on the side) but I dont wanna just make a rinky dink cell Ive done that with the pvc pipe wall plate one i made lol, i want a multi cell setup but cant decide on a series or parallel config. any input ? thanks man and once again nice clean work
    I have not created the 4 cell yet, so no pictures. Imagine the previous cell about 3 times that size. What you need is 4 plate sets. Two sets run in parallel, then run those to parellel sets in series with each other. The anode cathode config should probably be +nn-nn+ on all four cells. I am currently running a similar configuration in my truck, but in a much smaller container with no nuetral plates.

Dude that cell rocks!

It looks like it weighs alot though; Rough idea of dry weight..Also noticed a bit of mesh on top, did you use that to bridge the cells or was that just in the mix to hold measuring stuff?
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

rzone Guest
    Did you made any LPM measurements on those cells? it would be useful some numbers for replicating purposes....

The mesh was just holding the cell up off the bottem, I will post pictures of the completed cell. I have not measured the output yet.

tbhavsar Guest
    Stratous,

Following are my two observations from my experiment;

1) Series:
    When I tried similar 7 plate setup (+nn-nn+, using SS wall plates) two SEPARATE cells in series; the amp dropped that was good but production also dropped; I wonder why….My Honda give 14.28V out so there was enough Volts distributed across two cells.

2) Parallel: with two separate cells connected parallel; here are the results:

2.1) with one cell; gas out -> 500ml per 1 1/2 minutes; current usage 14 amp.

2.2) with two cell in parallel; 500ml in 56 Sec (close to minute); current usage amp 23.

I am surprised with above results since I was expecting to double my output; but it ONLY improved 50% (in Parallel) and dropped output in series. Am I missing anything???

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Stratous,

Following are my two observations from my experiment;

1) Series:
    When I tried similar 7 plate setup (+nn-nn+, using SS wall plates) two SEPARATE cells in series; the amp dropped that was good but production also dropped; I wonder why….My Honda give 14.28V out so there was enough Volts distributed across two cells.

2) Parallel: with two separate cells connected parallel; here are the results:

2.1) with one cell; gas out -> 500ml per 1 1/2 minutes; current usage 14 amp.

2.2) with two cell in parallel; 500ml in 56 Sec (close to minute); current usage amp 23.

I am surprised with above results since I was expecting to double my output; but it ONLY improved 50% (in Parallel) and dropped output in series. Am I missing anything???
    No, gas production is related to amperage, but they are not directly proportional. Thats why I run series instead of parallel. Increase the electrolyte in your series cell and production will increase. The object is to produce the most gas for your amperage. 30 amps doesnt mean you will produce twice as much as 15 amps.

In theory between those two cells. If you had two double cells one in series and one in parallel both running the same amperage. They should produce the same amount of gas, but the series should produce less heat becasue the voltage is cut in half accross each cell. I havent been able to test this to be certain, but it should work that way.