Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electromagnetic HHO generator

Electromagnetic HHO generator

guys, I found this post at another site.. read the process and tell me what you think.. I'm considering building a version of this if I can find a source for 800ft. of 22 ga. magnet wire and a simple 555 timer circuit that can oscillate at up to maybe 10KHz...
    __________________________________________________ ___

AS stated:

I only put in 17.1 Mhz at 5 watts magnetic energy through a soft coil and had it wrapped around a container (plastic) that contained Sodium Hydroxide and Water, and boiled off a gallon of water in 10 minutes into hydrogen. I know it wasn't steam because I ran it through condensing coils to make sure, and it was dry coming out. It literally builds it's own pressure. I am going to build this into a chamber that hold more water and has a 900 PSI rating, so it can build it's own pressure.

5 watts. Air Core design type coil, Radio Band frequencies, and the need to build a faraday cage to prevent the FCC from finding me.

---------
    the sodium is releasing the magnetically induced current into the water.

Liquid Electrodes. The new wave in Electrolysis....

---------
    I just had that crystal lying around and the means to run a coil under water.

I am unsure of any other frequencies, Sine/ square/ Saw-tooth waves...Try them.

---------
    Attach the 2 wires from the second picture to the circuit in the first picture (in AS project folder).

Fill canister with KOH and Water.

Apply power to circuit in first picture.

---------
    5 volts at 1 amp is FIVE WATTS.

The wave is currently square wave.

---------
    Look up "Air Core Winding" in relation to magnetic fields.

Take note that the unit in the picture is of the "Air Core" type, even though it is wrapped around a plastic tube.

Now since there is no ferrous metal within the magnetic reach of the coil, the saturation/ desaturation time sequence or the severe inductance lag of iron is missing from the equation, the potassium is the recipient of the magnetic field and thereby the magnetism induces electricity, and the potassium releases this electricity into the water.

The Potassium (you can use sodium as well) is held in aqueous suspension in the water, and thereby becomes a "Liquid Electrode" this all boils down to BASIC magnetic science, and magnetic induction.

To keep the coils from getting hot, I place a ballast resistor in series with the coil. This is important to do, otherwise the coils wil start melting the plastic and cause the water and KOH/NaOH to leak out making a mess that most people don't want to clean up.

---------
    I use the circuit (yes the 555 circuit works dandy on it as well- and I would suggest the use of a SCR instead of the IRF540N) to get the hydrogen built up to start the engine (doesn't take long),

the remainder is powered via one of the 3 legs of the alternator. Alternators are tri-phase AC....

The end result is that using six 1.25 inch diameter tubes 10 inches in length running in series, and shunted with a large heating coil does the job nicely.

I keep running out of water too quickly.

Such a simple device...and conversion...took less than $100 USD to build, start to finish.

I am fully aware of the 555 timer limitations. Are you aware that it was posted for SIMPLIFICATION AND ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES, and DOES WORK?

It works like this: A conductive wire, when bombarded with a fluxuating magnetic field will receive magnetic inductance and convert this into electricity. Now there is no limitation on the length of wire. Now since the wire is 1 atom in length, it still receives the magnetic field and converts the energy and releases it as electricity. In the reaction:

Step 1:

KOH + Water + Magnetism= K + O + H + Water + Electricity

Step 2:

K + H2O = KOH + H

K +H20 + Magnetism (electricity) = H + H + O + K

Step 3:

Repeat step 1.

Now that the electrochemical reaction is explained, you might be able to build this on your own.

----------

The NaOH concentration is pushed to the 100% dilution. To determine the 100% dilution point, the NaOH is added and stirred in a large glass container and allowed to sit for 12 hours and anything more than the 100% dilution/saturation will precipitate out of solution and re-crystalize in the bottom of the container. Don't use these re-crystals. Use everything else.

KOH works the same.

SAFETY NOTE: at these concentrations, one MICRO-PINDROP on your skin is dreadfully painful. USE ALL SAFETY GEAR, including FULL FACE SHIELD, RUBBER SMOCK, and GAUNTLET STYLE RUBBER CHEMICAL GLOVES WITH SAFETY LINERS. RUBBER BOOTS. CONTAINMENT AND SPILL AREAS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS WELL AS VENTILATION OF LARGE QUANTITIES OF FRESH FILTERED AIR.

AlaskaStar

--------
    (from AS Project Folder):
    Three layers or wraps. The tube is 1.25 inch PVC, 10 inches from end to end, now the caps overlap some of that 10 inches on each end.

The wire is 22 gauge, magnet wire.

I am building 6 more

-----------------------
    After more testing I found there was no difference in frequency.

The field strength is pretty much all that matters, but keep the coils cold!! They will melt the plastic tube! I am submersing the coils in coolant after assembly to keep them cold.

The higher voltage and amperage causes a stronger field and thereby a better reaction. Pulsing the field is all that is necessary to make it work. Faster than a car flasher for sure, but doesn't need to be in the MHz range either.

Gauss strength is all that really matters on this one. The magnetic flux MUST fluxuate or cycle to be effective.

any ideas??
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

I am skeptical but open-minded as always. If frequency truly does not matter (if I read correctly), just run the coil from a small PWM circuit with a load resistor or other current limit, a light bulb even. I don't think the PWM would be enough to limit that kind of wire melting current.

I'm quite convinced that magnetism has its place in electrolysis.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Mike, I have read thet entire thread twice. I also am following the new posts. While I am keeping an open mind and for sure following it there are several things that bother me about it. First the one member that actually tried to duplicate Alaska Star's device only managed to boil water. Second, Alaska Star claims to have built this device and have a working model. He just does not have time and it is too cold to mess with it? I work 80 hours a week and are dealing with the exact same cold snap he is. I would be all over a device like he claims to have built. Seems by reading the whole post that he dodges questions and does not give direct answers to the female member from England that keeps questioning him. Maybe he just does not want to share but if that is the case why did he start the origional thread about the device? And where did the origional thread with the pic's go? Maybe it is actually there and I just can't find it. I am going to keep up on it but I am skeptical. I wish I knew where he lived. I would just drive there and check it out myself. Maybe I will join the forum and try to connect with him.

Can you please furnish me with a link?

If he's only using 5 watts, why does he need 22 gauge magnet wire?

Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post

Russ.
    Here you go. I got this from Mike.

http://oupower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2327

alpha-dog Guest
    That was interesting. Sounds to easy to build though. Something around since the eighty's that easy to build should of surfaced before now. Still I might give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post

Russ.

Russ here's the link to his project page

http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Ot...20Electrolyser

I hope this helps
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Here you go. I got this from Mike.

http://oupower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2327
    I have just finished reading all of the posts from today on this thread. Weather or not this device really works there is a wealth of good information that really gets you thinking. It is worth the time to look at. Thank You Mike for finding this thread and bringing it to all our attention.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I have just finished reading all of the posts from today on this thread. Weather or not this device really works there is a wealth of good information that really gets you thinking. It is worth the time to look at. Thank You Mike for finding this thread and bringing it to all our attention.

Larry
    Larry,
    check out the other link i posted to AlaskaStar's project page. He has a couple pics there as well with some other details of how this is supposed to work. I believe he's trying to replicate, on a smaller scale, the work of the guy that stumbled across this when he 'burned' salt water with radio frequency..

Currently I'm trying to find an affordable source for some magnet wire as I would like to try to build this to see if it actually works. Does anyone have suggestions for some wire?? 22ga is fairly small isn't it??

thanks for the replies.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Larry,
    check out the other link i posted to AlaskaStar's project page. He has a couple pics there as well with some other details of how this is supposed to work. I believe he's trying to replicate, on a smaller scale, the work of the guy that stumbled across this when he 'burned' salt water with radio frequency..

Currently I'm trying to find an affordable source for some magnet wire as I would like to try to build this to see if it actually works. Does anyone have suggestions for some wire?? 22ga is fairly small isn't it??

thanks for the replies.
    mike
    Radio Shack stocks it.