Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Electromagnetic HHO generator

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I have read the thread over and over. It seems that an expanding and contracting magnetic field with some good strength behind it is all that is needed. Why not just try DC with a PWM at 50% duty cycle or lower to control voltage. You will have accomplished what you need and have the ability to adjust frequency's.
    that would be a great idea, however money is very limited and I don't have a PWM nor the cash to build one.

I think I can scrounge up some dough to build a 555 timer circuit though.

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

alpha-dog Guest
    I have read the thread over and over. It seems that an expanding and contracting magnetic field with some good strength behind it is all that is needed. Why not just try DC with a PWM at 50% duty cycle or lower to control voltage. You will have accomplished what you need and have the ability to adjust frequency's.
    You would need to test that and see if it works, but an inverter would be better. I saw one for sell for about $20.00 ( 10 amp ) and it needed a center tapped inductor. Maybe make your magnetic cell a center tapped inductor instead of one winding. It was designed for 60hz but you can change the RC time.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    that would be a great idea, however money is very limited and I don't have a PWM nor the cash to build one.

I think I can scrounge up some dough to build a 555 timer circuit though.

mike
    Radio Shack stocks the 555 timers and other bits and bobs real cheap, I have a 555 timer circuit I built on some breadboard a couple of months ago but I couldn't get it to work
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    You would need to test that and see if it works, but an inverter would be better. I saw one for sell for about $20.00 ( 10 amp ) and it needed a center tapped inductor. Maybe make your magnetic cell a center tapped inductor instead of one winding. It was designed for 60hz but you can change the RC time.
    A couple of months ago I made a home made transformer to step down 12 volts 5 to 1. I powered it with a PWM and it worked great until the reverse oscillations fried my PWM (just needed diodes). The pulsing DC acted just like AC on the transformer which is the same principal that the coil cell works on. I have the magnet wire as well as PWM's and some good diodes now. I think as soon as I get time the experiment has enough merit to try. God knows I have tried enough experiments what is wrong with another.

alpha-dog Guest
    A couple of months ago I made a home made transformer to step down 12 volts 5 to 1. I powered it with a PWM and it worked great until the reverse oscillations fried my PWM (just needed diodes). The pulsing DC acted just like AC on the transformer which is the same principal that the coil cell works on. I have the magnet wire as well as PWM's and some good diodes now. I think as soon as I get time the experiment has enough merit to try. God knows I have tried enough experiments what is wrong with another.
    I was just talking to one of the engineers working here about using that pwm on the magnetic HHO generator. He said it wouldn't work unless we put a capacitor in parallel with it. Now you can make a 100pf capacitor out of two switch plates and use .04 shower pan liner in the middle of them. That'll make a tank circuit out of it. Maybe you can tweak the frequency to that value everyone was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

I was just talking to one of the engineers working here about using that pwm on the magnetic HHO generator. He said it wouldn't work unless we put a capacitor in parallel with it. Now you can make a 100pf capacitor out of two switch plates and use .04 shower pan liner in the middle of them. That'll make a tank circuit out of it. Maybe you can tweak the frequency to that value everyone was talking about a couple of weeks ago.
    Great information. I know little about capacitor's. I seem always to try first usually have some problems, spend more money, have fewer problems until finally get something working but always end up spending triple the money and time. Some advice on how to add a capacitor to the circut, which size would work better etc and I will make a trip to the local electronics and purchase one. Any help to try and get it right the first time would be greatly appreciated. The thing I am shortest on is time. I always seem to come up with everything but the time somehow.

Larry

alpha-dog Guest
    I would try and make a capacitor first. I've done it here using two SS switch plates w/o light switch hole ( the type being used in the switch plate HHO generators ). All I did was put a piece of .040 shower pan liner in between them and held together with nylon screws. If you use something thiner you will increase capacitance, maybe .010 neopreme insulator. Consider breakdown current when doing this. The .040 shower pan liner gives a 100 pf value. I tried some teflon tape here and got the value up to 1000pf. 8x8 plates that you are using in your HHO generator with the gasket in between will make a good capacitor also. HHO generators are capacitors in series when the water is removed ( air dialectric ). In another thread I measured an HHO generator ( 8x8 plates ) on a meter and it read 975uf. You could use an HHO generator for a capacitor just leave it dry( +NNNN- ). Just connect your magnetic HHO generator to the ( + ) and ( - ) terminals and connect your pwm like you would in your HHO generator.

I would try and make a capacitor first. I've done it here using two SS switch plates w/o light switch hole ( the type being used in the switch plate HHO generators ). All I did was put a piece of .040 shower pan liner in between them and held together with nylon screws. If you use something thiner you will increase capacitance, maybe .010 neopreme insulator. Consider breakdown current when doing this. The .040 shower pan liner gives a 100 pf value. I tried some teflon tape here and got the value up to 1000pf. 8x8 plates that you are using in your HHO generator with the gasket in between will make a good capacitor also. HHO generators are capacitors in series when the water is removed ( air dialectric ). In another thread I measured an HHO generator ( 8x8 plates ) on a meter and it read 975uf. You could use an HHO generator for a capacitor just leave it dry( +NNNN- ). Just connect your magnetic HHO generator to the ( + ) and ( - ) terminals and connect your pwm like you would in your HHO generator.
    Sounds very simple. I will give it a try as soon as I am done with this project. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the advice.
    Larry

alpha-dog Guest

Thanks. Got it. Can not wait to try this.