Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baking soda

If you do some investigating, the use of baking soda can be detrimental to your engine. I forget where I read this, but I'll put up the link when I find it (it was a long time ago).
    What are you running? Is it a dry-cell or one of the wet-cell deals w/ss wire for electrodes?
    Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by hhokit View Post
    Here is another option that you guys can try, it's working pretty well so far for us.
    Add 5 level t spoons of citric acid crystals and ONE T SPOON OF BAKING SODA, per gallon of water(distilled or rain water= works better).
    Do not exceed amount.. if you need to add fluid, do not add fluid with
    additive in it, the additive stays in the unit.
    Excess additive is BAD overheating will occur; possible blown fuse, excessive corrosion and you could damage yourself if you don't handle it properly.
    The generator wiring(plates) and excess additive will draw
    excessive amps. you will need to add some water when you gas up.
    Properly mixed units will draw less than 4 amps.

HHO Kit
    No offense, but as you seem to be selling Water4Gas kits on your website that you listed in your post, I'm going to just stick with Lye and not your citric acid/baking soda suggestion........

Quote Originally Posted by hhokit View Post
    Here is another option that you guys can try, it's working pretty well so far for us.
    Add 5 level t spoons of citric acid crystals and ONE T SPOON OF BAKING SODA, per gallon of water(distilled or rain water= works better).
    Do not exceed amount.. if you need to add fluid, do not add fluid with
    additive in it, the additive stays in the unit.
    Excess additive is BAD overheating will occur; possible blown fuse, excessive corrosion and you could damage yourself if you don't handle it properly.
    The generator wiring(plates) and excess additive will draw
    excessive amps. you will need to add some water when you gas up.
    Properly mixed units will draw less than 4 amps.

HHO Kit
    Take offense Scammer, your selling JUNK. Do you also offer Amway Global?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Banking soda is a base, then you mix a acid with it? Doesnt makes sense to me. Wouldnt you just be neutralizing each of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljp86 View Post
    Banking soda is a base, then you mix a acid with it? Doesnt makes sense to me. Wouldnt you just be neutralizing each of them?
    Thats why you should buy his Water4Gas kit! So that you don't have to worry about silly things like actually doing it right....

these water4gas kits are what gave HHO a bad name, they dont work yet the site is still up, I really think that water4gas.com was put there by someone within the bigoil ring to give people the impression HHO is all a scam. these people need to be locked in a room with "Slappy" the slap happy clown for a few hours.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I think the idea is to neutralize the acid and base components while leaving the Na in solution to serve as the electrolyte. It seems like an encouraging approach on the surface. It would be like being able to use table salt w/o having to deal with the chlorine.

Maybe it is the same mechanics as using baking soda and vinegar together? I dunno...

I got this from wiki (under "alkaseltzer"):

C6H8O7(aq) + 3NaHCO3(aq) → 3H2O(l) + 3CO2(g) + Na3C6H5O7(aq)

So the next question is if citrate ions have any negative effects on the cell, while the sodium ions do their electrolyte work?