Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas4Free

This is an expression of how much HHO is produced in one minute for each watt of electricity used, an example:

Lets say our generator produces 1 LPM of HHO, that's 1000 ML and uses 20 amps on a 12 volt setup:

12 (volts) times 20 (amps) = 240 watts of power (per minute)

1000 (ML) divided by 240 (watts) = 4.16 ML of HHO produced each minute per watt of power. Hence, this cells MMW is 4.16.

A higher number indicates higher efficiency.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Or if you hate math and just want to get a quick answer...

http://www.watervan.co.uk/tools.php
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    This is an expression of how much HHO is produced in one minute for each watt of electricity used,

A higher number indicates higher efficiency.

Russ.
    Thank you for the explanation! It seems that Farmercal meant to say Milliliters per Minute per Watt instead of "Millimeters per Minute per Watt". A subtle but significant difference in terms. It makes sense now.
    Red Rat

Gas4Free Pics

Here are some numbers for anyone who is thinking about a Gas4Free unit. (IMHO, don't waste your time like I did)

I have been tracking the mpg on all three of my cars since September to get a good baseline mpg. These stats are only on my Jetta. Pre-G4F average mileage is 28.73 mpg. 2,745 miles with 10 fill-ups. Post G4F installation average mileage is 29.45 mpg. 861 miles with 3 fill-ups. That's a whopping 2.5% increase folks! (no EFIE yet either) 1.16 MMW.

Attached are some pictures for posterity's sake. #1 is a bench test. #2 is the G4F unit installed with a 50 amp pwm. #3 is an adapter I fabricated to attach a water temp bulb to the unit (if you want one let me know) #4 is a gauge cluster on the A frame. Amps, temp and vacuum. I am pulling the vacuum gauge out since it doesn't read anything. My inlet hose connected upstream of the throttle body.

I have one more experiment before I toss out this unit. The G4F e-book did not mention plate prep at all. I took apart one of the other ones I built to cross sand the plates. After washing the plates in toluene to de-grease them, I re-assembled it. Then I mummy wrapped it with some r/c model airplane heat shrink wing covering. Then I put it into an open bath and let it run until I saw no more orange iron oxide precipitate. I'm in the process of sealing the housing back up. Will let you know how it turns out.
    Red Rat

redrat
    it seems that you have above average building skills.

You should seriously keep your plates, get some gasket material (.040" shower pan liner seems to work well) and some end plate material (you can use the clear acrylic that you've used before if you have scrap pieces, however the milky white cutting board at wal mart ($10) seems to work well also. and assemble yourself a dry cell..

you'll be much better for wear. you already have PWM and the other electronics, etc.. should only take an afternoon to asemble as you already have the plates.. they can be modified rather easily to accomodate a dry setup.

just my .02
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    redrat
    it seems that you have above average building skills.

You should seriously keep your plates... and assemble yourself a dry cell...

mike
    Thank you! A little of my background: my first career was as an FAA licensed aircraft mechanic. I then moved into a technical position doing fabrication and assembly. Now I am a CAD engineer with a large aerospace company doing mechanical design work. I also have a CAD/prototyping side business.

Being that this is the second time you told me to build a dry cell, and knowing that they don't hand out mentor badges to just anybody, and since I already have every thing I need in hand, I will abandon the Gas4Free design and just count it as an initiation fee.
    Red Rat

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post

Being that this is the second time you told me to build a dry cell, and knowing that they don't hand out mentor badges to just anybody, and since I already have every thing I need in hand, I will abandon the Gas4Free design and just count it as an initiation fee.
    Go with the dry cell. If you don't do it now, you will inevitably come to that conclusion on your own later.

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    I will abandon the Gas4Free design and just count it as an initiation fee.
    at least you learned from a better cell than my smack's booster learning experiment. LOL

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    at least you learned from a better cell than my smack's booster learning experiment. LOL

mike
    I'm on the same page with ya Mike. I started with fender washers and baking soda. At least I learned a different way to boil water.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    I'm on the same page with ya Mike. I started with fender washers and baking soda. At least I learned a different way to boil water.
    Now the truth comes out, is that why you're called Coffeeachiever?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO