Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas4Free

MMW measurement

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    This is an expression of how much HHO is produced in one minute for each watt of electricity used, an example:

A higher number indicates higher efficiency.

Russ.
    Thanks again. So, three variables are measured. Liters per minute of gas production, Voltage and Amperage. I measure LPM with a liter plastic bottle in a bucket of water, simple enough. Without a PWM, volts and amps are measured at the electrolizer terminals. Easy enough also. I am also running a PWM. Where do I measure volts and amps to get a true measurement of cell efficiency, before or after the PWM? Measuring after the PWM at the electrolizer terminals would read lower volts and amps for the same output. Seems like cheating.
    Red Rat

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    Thanks again. So, three variables are measured. Liters per minute of gas production, Voltage and Amperage. I measure LPM with a liter plastic bottle in a bucket of water, simple enough. Without a PWM, volts and amps are measured at the electrolizer terminals. Easy enough also. I am also running a PWM. Where do I measure volts and amps to get a true measurement of cell efficiency, before or after the PWM? Measuring after the PWM at the electrolizer terminals would read lower volts and amps for the same output. Seems like cheating.
    Measure the volts at the source of your power supply. After the PWM will give inaccurate results as the DC voltmeter expects to see steady power not pulsed. Any power loss due to the PWM's power usage and the resistance of the wires must be included in your results for accurate current usage. After all without the electronics and the wire you would not be using any extra current.

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    here's a simple test for you.

hook up your gen to the PWM. Measure your source voltage (before PWM) while the PWM is on 100% duty cycle.

measure the voltage AFTER the PWM (still 100% duty cycle).

the difference will be the voltage drop caused by the PWM.

when the PWM is under 100% duty cycle, it's safe to assume the second voltage reading (at 100%) is what the PWM is actually putting out (pulsed of course) even though a DC voltmeter will tell you differently (as H2OPWR said)

and for current, you can take your measurement before the PWM or after and see if it differs.. my guess is the PWM will use a little and if that's the case, then we should calculate MMW with this in mind because we're calculating the efficiency of the whole system.

just my .02
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

RIP Gas4Free

Last week I opened up my G4F unit because it needed a good cleaning. Since I had already built up a cross sanded / wrapped electrode assembly I put that in. My intention was to run that configuration while building a dry cell. I drove around for an hour or so. The first thing I noticed is that the amps went down from 12a to 5a. It also stayed cooler, 140 F after 1/2 hour. I then did some production testing. 1 liter in 24 minutes. .52 MMW. Bad, really bad. I dialed up the current to 15a. 1 liter in 6 minutes. Temp was 110 F after 15 minutes. .093 MMW. (Volts and Amps were measured after the PWM by the way. I did not re-wire any thing yet.)

Some observations about wrapping a cell: It does cut down current leakage. The wrapping also behaves like a duct forcing the bubbles straight up between the plates and drawing in water from the bottom. A good thing. But this is what killed it for me though- Foam. Lots and lots of foam made up of insanely small bubbles. At one point it emptied 2/3 of the water by pushing the foam through out into my bucket. I added an ounce of Rug Doctor anti foam(carpet shampoo additive), no help at all.

Since I can't beat this freakish foam without more time and money, and I don't want NaOH pumped into my engine, I am not going to waste any more effort on the Gas4Free wet cell design and have disabled it in my car. Back to taking more baseline mpg measurements.

My conclusions as a skeptic: Gas4Free improved my MPG 3.5% after 3 tanks of gas, without an efie. This design needs a lot more improvement than what is described in the e-book. IMHO, do not waste your time and money on Gas4Free. Will post soon on the dry cell...

RIP Gas4Free.
    Red Rat