Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amoeba Cell 6x6 15 plates

Exclamation Amoeba Cell 6x6 15 plates

Amoeba Cell 6x6 15 plates

0.050" truck inner tube rubber for gaskets.

I would NOT recommend it. There are still a few small leaks.

5.37 MMW within first hour of operation.

103*F

I really like the new ATX supply.

I intend to wire the 1.5V meter power in series to a 3.3 Volt tap.

I really like the new ATX supply.

I intend to wire the 1.5V meter power in series to a 3.3 Volt tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKGS4uQI5U

BoyntonStu

Looks good, Stu!

Wish I had two more PSU's to do the 14v mod.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Wink

Thanks Russ,

I get the ATX's here or there and in Thrift Stores.

BTW The batteries in the meters are 9V and that makes it even easier to power them from the ATX's.

I just finished soldering wires and I will hook them to 10 Volts. (2 ATX's)

I know that this new cell will go to 25 Amps without difficulty.

I expect ~2.25 LPM.

My buddy Tom made the plates and he welded on the 3/8 SS tubes.

Unfortunately, the both had pinhole leaks.

I used JB Weld to seal them.

Also, the inner tubes were a bear to almost seal.

I suspect that the raised detail lines are the problem.

Back to shower liner PVC?

Congratulations on your (almost) deck of cards cell!

As always, I see excellent work by your skilled hands.

Keep it up!

I suggest a private (read only by others) thread for mentors.

BoyntonStu

coffeeachiever Guest
    Though we tend to disagree at times, I have to admit that you're a pretty fart smella. I mean smart fella. No wait...yeah, the second one.
    I'm not sure about the mentors only thread though. There are a lot of brilliant people out there that have a lot to contribute. I would hate to miss their input because they haven't made mentor yet. If they ever would.
    Besides that, this is an information sharing forum. No one should be exempted from the benefit of all the information.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post

I suggest a private (read only by others) thread for mentors.

BoyntonStu
    I like this idea as well... could be a HHO info thread or what have you...

nice job on the new amoeba cell Stu !

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    Though we tend to disagree at times, I have to admit that you're a pretty fart smella. I mean smart fella. No wait...yeah, the second one.
    I'm not sure about the mentors only thread though. There are a lot of brilliant people out there that have a lot to contribute. I would hate to miss their input because they haven't made mentor yet. If they ever would.
    Besides that, this is an information sharing forum. No one should be exempted from the benefit of all the information.
    Just my opinion.
    As I said, others could read the thread, but unless invited, they could not post.

I have enough to handle keeping up with my 19 month old granddaughter.

BoyntonStu

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    As I said, others could read the thread, but unless invited, they could not post.

I have enough to handle keeping up with my 19 month old granddaughter.

BoyntonStu
    I understand being busy. I have three children to keep up with. I work a paramedic's schedule, we're starting a business, plus some other personal stuff. I still disagree with the concept. I think it will cause us to miss something important because someone that has something to say won't be able to say it.
    If the others like the idea then I will certainly bow to being out voted. I also understand why you suggest the mentors only thread. The idea is not without merit. I just believe that we would be shooting our toe off by doing it.
    I've said my peace on it and I will leave it to the others to decide it democratically. That is if admin will even permit it.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    I understand being busy. I have three children to keep up with. I work a paramedic's schedule, we're starting a business, plus some other personal stuff. I still disagree with the concept. I think it will cause us to miss something important because someone that has something to say won't be able to say it.
    If the others like the idea then I will certainly bow to being out voted. I also understand why you suggest the mentors only thread. The idea is not without merit. I just believe that we would be shooting our toe off by doing it.
    I've said my peace on it and I will leave it to the others to decide it democratically. That is if admin will even permit it.
    Coffee, I don't feel it would hinder participation.. it's not the whole board, just one and only one thread... the rest of the board could continue as it does now, but I think he's suggesting just one single thread.

I hope this helps
    mike
    (and i'm not trying to start a debate here, just my .02)
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Coffee, I don't feel it would hinder participation.. it's not the whole board, just one and only one thread... the rest of the board could continue as it does now, but I think he's suggesting just one single thread.

I hope this helps
    mike
    (and i'm not trying to start a debate here, just my .02)
    Mike,
    I understand. I really do. I just don't like the idea of stepping on an open forum, even in an isolated way.
    I will say again that if enough people feel differently than I do, I will quietly step back while the majority rules.
    There is always the option of starting a forum for experienced HHOers in which new members must be screened and accepted. Then at least guests would know they must meet a certain level of expertise before they could join and post. Sort of an exclusive "country club" of veterans.

I've said it before so many times I probably sound like a parrot, but what we need is to keep the DISCUSSION here and put the DATA and INFORMATION into a dedicated site where it can be found without trolling through sticky after sticky or search result after search result and without the same questions being asked over and over again.

This is what I'm trying to do with hhoknowhow.info, but its a tough job for one.

Stu,

I used the shower liner in my monster cell, interestingly enough, with the thicker bolts it took hardly any tension to make a good seal.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO