Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amoeba Cell 6x6 15 plates

coffeeachiever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I've said it before so many times I probably sound like a parrot, but what we need is to keep the DISCUSSION here and put the DATA and INFORMATION into a dedicated site where it can be found without trolling through sticky after sticky or search result after search result and without the same questions being asked over and over again.

This is what I'm trying to do with hhoknowhow.info, but its a tough job for one.

Russ.
    That's the right idea.
    Good to know about the thicker bolts. I'm rebuilding my cell this weekend. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    Mike,
    I understand. I really do. I just don't like the idea of stepping on an open forum, even in an isolated way.
    I will say again that if enough people feel differently than I do, I will quietly step back while the majority rules.
    There is always the option of starting a forum for experienced HHOers in which new members must be screened and accepted. Then at least guests would know they must meet a certain level of expertise before they could join and post. Sort of an exclusive "country club" of veterans.
    The new software I've switched to for my website has a feature I can enable that allows every user to have their own blog. The posts to the site have a comments feature at the bottom (like you see on news sites) which would facilitate people's comments without interrupting the flow of the blog.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    Mike,
    I understand. I really do. I just don't like the idea of stepping on an open forum, even in an isolated way.
    I will say again that if enough people feel differently than I do, I will quietly step back while the majority rules.
    There is always the option of starting a forum for experienced HHOers in which new members must be screened and accepted. Then at least guests would know they must meet a certain level of expertise before they could join and post. Sort of an exclusive "country club" of veterans.
    I participated on a forum before, that had a section that was only visible (available) to people with a high enough post count.. something ridiculous like 1000 posts.. usually if the member's post count is that high, they're fairly productive. you can always tell the ones that were going to make it into the 'club'. . .

mentor status could have it's own private section that's ONLY visible to those with a high enough post count (mentor status)

I also agree with Painless . . . we should all help him with the info site by providing as much useful data as we can, in an organized fashion ..

I'm in.. any others ?

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    I participated on a forum before, that had a section that was only visible (available) to people with a high enough post count.. something ridiculous like 1000 posts.. usually if the member's post count is that high, they're fairly productive. you can always tell the ones that were going to make it into the 'club'. . .

mentor status could have it's own private section that's ONLY visible to those with a high enough post count (mentor status)

I also agree with Painless . . . we should all help him with the info site by providing as much useful data as we can, in an organized fashion ..

I'm in.. any others ?

mike
    If anyone would like to join Mike in helping me build the site, register at the site and let me know your login ID, then I can grant you author access.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I've said it before so many times I probably sound like a parrot, but what we need is to keep the DISCUSSION here and put the DATA and INFORMATION into a dedicated site where it can be found without trolling through sticky after sticky or search result after search result and without the same questions being asked over and over again.

This is what I'm trying to do with hhoknowhow.info, but its a tough job for one.

Russ.
    Speaking as a gnome among giants here, a little advice... Yes, do your 'mentors only' thread, but only to discuss mentoring issues. Like who will be mentoring whom, or to decide whether or not to block someone etc. If your intention is to form an exclusive knowledge club, you will be defeating the purpose of a forum. Remember the first law of knowledge: There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there are many stupid people asking questions. (myself included)

Regarding your hho knowhow site: Thank you for taking on this project. I agree, this forum is difficult to find useful information on that is current and up to date. You might want to start with a simple glossary of terms and calculations used in this science. Also, a listing of known scammers.

Just a skeptic's point of view who is trying to figure out if this really works or not.
    Red Rat