Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Temps.

Ronjinsan Guest
    I think a simple start would be some errrr lagging or thermal insulation material. This may at least help to stop the freezing. I live in a warm climate so I dont really know what temperatures we are talking about here but when I lived in England the truck drivers used lagging over the engines at night! Just a thought....

gasmakr Guest
    were not talking antarctic temps. here but in the middle of winter around -10 or so....cold enough to freeze a quart of water in a jar without any protection. i'm leaning twards some sort of heat wrap on a temp sensor to keep it just above freezing along with alcohol in the electrolyte mix

Ronjinsan Guest
    Take the jar out at night! LOL Best idea yet hey?

gasmakr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Take the jar out at night! LOL Best idea yet hey?
    At home it dosen't matter I have a 3 car garage so the cell won't get below freezing....but at work I won't have tha option I have no place to store it at work.

Ronjinsan Guest

Inside!

Put it in the car! I mean inside the car.Wrapped in a blanket. Mine is detachable, can be taken off in a flash. Is yours too fixed to do that? If so, try just wrapping it in an old blanket under the bonnet! All the best......isnt it summer for you at the moment?

gasmakr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Put it in the car! I mean inside the car.Wrapped in a blanket. Mine is detachable, can be taken off in a flash. Is yours too fixed to do that? If so, try just wrapping it in an old blanket under the bonnet! All the best......isnt it summer for you at the moment?
    That may work to keep the heat for a little wile any way. yes I can detatch mine it's not a perm. istallation. Yes it is summer but i like thinking ahead so I have time to work on the answers for the problem!

Ronjinsan Guest
    Love a person who thinks ahead or as the US coast guard would say 'Semper Paratus'
    Hey Gas by the way go and check out that link i put in new forum topics, I think you will like it!

gasmakr Guest
    Will Do......

snaganalf Guest
    20 percent denatured alcohol by volume is what I've read as the recommended method of freeze prevention on several other sites.

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snaganalf View Post
    20 percent denatured alcohol by volume is what I've read as the recommended method of freeze prevention on several other sites.
    Guess it's time for some of us to actually test it. Both freezing point and gas production are going to be interesting.