Thread: Cell getting to hot!

Cell getting to hot!

I have a cell in a pvc junction box and i have two sets of +NN- in the same box. I am running a series among the two and the terminals get really hot and i am afraid that it might start melting the box. It holds about 2.3 quarts of distilled water and i have 1 3/4 tsp. lye with it. If you have any advise to reduce heat and produce more hho. I am only making maybe 1 liter a minute.

what's your input voltage??

you should re-configure your setup

12V = +NNNNN- = 2.0V per plate gap
    13V = +NNNNNN- = 1.85V per plate gap
    14V = +NNNNNN- = 2.0 V per plate gap

basically you want your plate gap voltage to be at or just under 2.0 V

Also with a 'brick in a bath' type design you have quite a bit of current leakage. You'll need to find something to wrap your cell with if you insist on this design. Most of us have switched to a dry cell type setup as it's considerably more efficient.

I hope this helps
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    I have a cell in a pvc junction box and i have two sets of +NN- in the same box. I am running a series among the two and the terminals get really hot and i am afraid that it might start melting the box. It holds about 2.3 quarts of distilled water and i have 1 3/4 tsp. lye with it. If you have any advise to reduce heat and produce more hho. I am only making maybe 1 liter a minute.
    If your terminals are getting too hot you are exceeding the amp capability if your electrical connections. This causes resistance to increase and effeciency to decrease. Fitst upgrade the electrical wires and connections. Mike's advice is also great advice if you want to obtain higher effeciency.

I am running 12v. I have tried the dry cell but didnt get much success. what configeration should i go for in the dry cell? what set up should i go for in the brick design?