Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden loss of compression! only 20miles of hho

Angry Sudden loss of compression! only 20miles of hho

I recently had my 4 cell working in my 89 Toyota Corolla and it died last night. I had it towed and check the compression and got 0 0 0 70 and a wet test read 0 0 0 105. This Sucks! The engine has about 30,000 miles on it
    The HHO cells were only on there for about 20 miles.

I don't know what happened yet. Maybe water got in the engine? Maybe it skipped the timing belt? I've heard no ill effects of HHO and so much goodness about it. One thing I didn't do was tune the carb for the hho. I just wanted to drive around and feel any difference. I don't think the hho would have washed the oil of the cylinder and caused the rings to be destroyed.
    There was no indication of malfunction. It just died on the spot.
    Any Advice?

post some pics of your spark plugs..

it's unlikely that HHO caused this.

what all mods do you have on your toyota besides the hho cell??

we need a description of your setup in order to make some educated guesses.

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Quote Originally Posted by deadcorolla View Post
    I recently had my 4 cell working in my 89 Toyota Corolla and it died last night. I had it towed and check the compression and got 0 0 0 70 and a wet test read 0 0 0 105. This Sucks! The engine has about 30,000 miles on it
    The HHO cells were only on there for about 20 miles.

I don't know what happened yet. Maybe water got in the engine? Maybe it skipped the timing belt? I've heard no ill effects of HHO and so much goodness about it. One thing I didn't do was tune the carb for the hho. I just wanted to drive around and feel any difference. I don't think the hho would have washed the oil of the cylinder and caused the rings to be destroyed.
    There was no indication of malfunction. It just died on the spot.
    Any Advice?
    if you lost compression in three of the four cylinders it seems you blew the head gasket

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    if you lost compression in three of the four cylinders it seems you blew the head gasket
    that was my initial thought as well..

how's your antifreeze look?? or your oil ??

these could help tell if it's head gasket related as well...

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Did it make any noise ? had a guy drop a washer in his carb took out 4 cylnders of a v8
    HHOinventions.com

As said before, sounds like a head gasket. A good indicator would be to check your oil. If the dipstick looks like it has vanilla milshake on it instead of oil, it is most likely a gasket. Or worse, a cracked head or block.

OR... Did your engne eat some mounting hardware for your HHO inlet hose?

Good luck $$$$$$$
    Red Rat

yeah all of this sounds good.

The oil looks OK, the antifreeze looks good, and the mounting hardware is in place. I have a 32/36 Weber Carb and all the emission removed, besides that its stock. I hope its the head gasket and not the piston rings!
    This engine is pretty fresh and there have been no other problems lately. There was no noise when it happened, it just died. The silent but deadly kind

I would point to the hho because everything was fine until I installed the cells.
    Is this a coincidence?

The plugs look fine, and look like normal condition. I will post some pic's soon

Quote Originally Posted by deadcorolla View Post
    yeah all of this sounds good.

The oil looks OK, the antifreeze looks good, and the mounting hardware is in place. I have a 32/36 Weber Carb and all the emission removed, besides that its stock. I hope its the head gasket and not the piston rings!
    This engine is pretty fresh and there have been no other problems lately. There was no noise when it happened, it just died. The silent but deadly kind

I would point to the hho because everything was fine until I installed the cells.
    Is this a coincidence?

The plugs look fine, and look like normal condition. I will post some pic's soon
    it depends where the head gasket blows if the water will run into the cylinders, when it blows away from the water jacket it will just loose compression, it is rare to loose 3 cylinders though, usually 2 loose it. what does the engine sound like when you spin it over with the starter, does it spin over extremely fast or just normal

I just had a bad head gasket on my jimmy, I havent been using hho for a few years but ran it alot in it before when I was in school. Ever since I bought it I had a feeling it had a small leak in a head gasket.

Ive had salt water get sucked into my engine a few times and never had any problems. and everything looked fine when I changed head gaskets.

Pull the radiator cap and crank it over, if it blows bubbles then you probably have a bad head gasket. Could be valve problems too, I doubt HHO caused any of it unless you are making a massive amount of hho.

overtaker Guest
    I am not a mechanic but is the electrolyte in your boosters low? Did the electrolyte siphon into the motor? I don't know if this would cause the problems your experiencing or not. Just thinking out loud. Best of luck.