Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sudden loss of compression! only 20miles of hho

huh? I thought you were supposed to put the valves facing up to keep pressure from blowing the top off. right?

one of those valves is the same just different brand. I found the blue ones a lot cheaper at Pet Smart! oh yeah!

Hey Good News,

jericoriver you win !!!! I turned the engine with the dis. cap off and no movement. I took of the upper timing belt cover and WAAMMO ! the belt is GONE! Cracked, Chipped, and from what I can tell two of the teeth have broken off.

My hypothesis is that I have a freewheeling engine so there is no noise when it broke and a constant sound when I try to start it, and therefore no bent valves!!

I estimate that the timing belt has about 4 year or 40,000 miles on it.
    Don't let this happen to you. Check and Replace your timing belt NOW!

So when I replace the belt I will also adjust some of the nasty valve lash and hopefully have much better millage with a smoother running engine. This is of course IF the valves aren't bent.

Then its back with the HHO and I can finally see if I got any gains from this 4 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by deadcorolla View Post
    Hey Good News,

jericoriver you win !!!! I turned the engine with the dis. cap off and no movement. I took of the upper timing belt cover and WAAMMO ! the belt is GONE! Cracked, Chipped, and from what I can tell two of the teeth have broken off.

My hypothesis is that I have a freewheeling engine so there is no noise when it broke and a constant sound when I try to start it, and therefore no bent valves!!

So when I replace the belt I will also adjust some of the nasty valve lash and hopefully have much better millage with a smoother running engine. This is of course IF the valves aren't bent.

Then its back with the HHO and I can finally see if I got any gains from this 4 pack.
    From my experience you should be OK. With overhead cam engines there are 2 types. Interference and non interference engines. Most Toyota's are non interference engines meaning that there is no way the piston could hit a valve. I am not sure if yours is one but you have a great chance of an inexpensive repair.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    From my experience you should be OK. With overhead cam engines there are 2 types. Interference and non interference engines. Most Toyota's are non interference engines meaning that there is no way the piston could hit a valve. I am not sure if yours is one but you have a great chance of an inexpensive repair.

Good Luck
    Thanks man, I hope its a non-interference. this is a 1989 4A-F engine.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by deadcorolla View Post
    Hey Good News,

Good, glad thats all it was.

Hho

The important thing to remember about hho is that not only does it increase the potential power of the combustion explosion it also increases the flame speed, that is the time from ignition spark to completion of the burn, petrol vapour is slow burning that is why ignition timing is set several degrees before top dead centre so that maximum benefit from the burn is received at or just after top dead centre, the addition of hho reduces the burn time considerably which means that max power is delivered Before top dead centre which in turn means the combustion explosion is trying to force the piston back down the way it came this means that combustion pressures are far exceeding design tolerances and set to cause damage to the engine, the weak point is the head gasket and usually the first to go. I am currently working on an old (pre electronics) 2000cc volvo engine to determine the optimum timing adjustment. A similar problem limits the amount of hho you should introduce to a diesel engine, i had a toyota diesel the showed a 30% increase in mpg until i tried putting more hho through and subsequently blew the head gasket (twice) i have also blown the head gasket on a petrol toyota and was then advised that toyotas are inherently weak when it comes to head gaskets.
    Adjusting the timing (retarding) will also increase the effectiveness of hho again due to the flame speed, hope this helps.

You do realize you just responded to a thread that has been dead for close to three years now, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HHO can not destroy the engine. If too much gas the car becomes sluggish.
    if a strong electrolyte enters the cylinders can destroy pistons.
    -HHO clean soot and carbon deposits in the cylinders, the oil lasts longer, engine works quieter.
    -my diesel engine a little smoke to cover oil and to control rods oil After installing hho because burned the carbon deposits who held by compression...
    -now car go normal 10 000km with MOS2 LIQUI MOLY oil.."drink" a small amount of oil but it does not matter ... the car is going great....engine have 300 000km

-This is an example of what can happen in most situations.
    -in your situation is a coincidence or the electrolyte in the input engine

!!!!!!!!!!
    =----=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=
    "Ohhh, the subtle racism of lowered expectations..."

Quote Originally Posted by fuelangel View Post
    The important thing to remember about hho is that not only does it increase the potential power of the combustion explosion it also increases the flame speed, that is the time from ignition spark to completion of the burn, petrol vapour is slow burning that is why ignition timing is set several degrees before top dead centre so that maximum benefit from the burn is received at or just after top dead centre, the addition of hho reduces the burn time considerably which means that max power is delivered Before top dead centre which in turn means the combustion explosion is trying to force the piston back down the way it came this means that combustion pressures are far exceeding design tolerances and set to cause damage to the engine, the weak point is the head gasket and usually the first to go. I am currently working on an old (pre electronics) 2000cc volvo engine to determine the optimum timing adjustment. A similar problem limits the amount of hho you should introduce to a diesel engine, i had a toyota diesel the showed a 30% increase in mpg until i tried putting more hho through and subsequently blew the head gasket (twice) i have also blown the head gasket on a petrol toyota and was then advised that toyotas are inherently weak when it comes to head gaskets.
    Adjusting the timing (retarding) will also increase the effectiveness of hho again due to the flame speed, hope this helps.
    this is so true, this is why i prefer VVT engines or engines with their version of VVT but when tuning with a AFC i have never faced this problem.