Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaking Water4Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Mark'sGas View Post
    Wow!!!! Thank's guys!!!

I would like to thank each and every one of you for all the info. It was a lot to take in.

Painless,
    You answered the question that I had about how to keep an eye on the water level within PVC . Removable inspection cap.

H2OPWR,
    Thank you for being open about the draw backs to the bath design generator and for suggesting to move into the dry cell hho. However, the dry cell design has put a lot of questions in my mine, such as how to build it? What type of stainless steel to use? Where does the catalyst go? What type of catalyst would be best for the most hho out put? Last but not least, would the dry cell need a push or pull pump to deliver the hho to the engine or will the vaccum from the engine be enough to get it there?

daddymikey1975,
    It would seem you have traveled the windy raod before me,
    because you are dead on with the problems that my friend (gashead) and I have ran into and some we've not encountered yet. Thanks for step by step brake down. You've let us see into the future. We have looked on the internet at so many different hho designs that we're almost online blind!! LOL!!

I'm glad that I signed up on this forum now, it as been and I know that it will continue to be a big help!!
    Mark,
    Painless has a great video on building a dry cell. There is no one perfect way. As for stainless. Use 316L if you can afford it. In the for sale section a member that goes by SCM sells stainless at a very good price and does great work. As for electrolite use KOH if you can find it if not use NaOH both are light years better than baking soda. Keep checking and read all the threads you can all the way through. I would be thousands of dollars ahead had I done that before I begain.

Larry

Mark'sGas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Even easier, insert two right-angled plastic hose barbs into one side of the PVC pipe, one at the top pointing down, one in line with it at the bottom pointing up. Connect the two with some see through plastic hose. Now, you can see the fluid level without even removing the cap.
    That's cool! You'll have an exterial window.

I may give this design a shot. Thanks

I liked the pic. very helpful!

Mark'sGas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Mark,
    Painless has a great video on building a dry cell. There is no one perfect way. As for stainless. Use 316L if you can afford it. In the for sale section a member that goes by SCM sells stainless at a very good price and does great work. As for electrolite use KOH if you can find it if not use NaOH both are light years better than baking soda. Keep checking and read all the threads you can all the way through. I would be thousands of dollars ahead had I done that before I begain.

Larry
    Larry,
    Thanks for the heads up! It looks like gashead and I have a lot of reading to do. I'm sure that it will be worth every minute, because the little bit of info so far has very helpful!

Thanks,
    Mark

Mark'sGas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Even easier, insert two right-angled plastic hose barbs into one side of the PVC pipe, one at the top pointing down, one in line with it at the bottom pointing up. Connect the two with some see through plastic hose. Now, you can see the fluid level without even removing the cap.
    That's cool! You'll have an exterial window.

I may give this design a shot. Thanks

I liked the pic. very helpful!