Thread: External Water Supply Freezing.

HANK Guest

External Water Supply Freezing.

With the older model "pool" style HHO generator the water would freeze and thaw when current was sent to the generator.

With the newer style dry cell the water is stored outside of the generator. Is there any way to deal with this other than removing the generator every time I turn off my vehicle or adding a battery warmer around the water container?

I live up in Canada and it gets very cold up here.

Quote Originally Posted by HANK View Post
    With the older model "pool" style HHO generator the water would freeze and thaw when current was sent to the generator.

With the newer style dry cell the water is stored outside of the generator. Is there any way to deal with this other than removing the generator every time I turn off my vehicle or adding a battery warmer around the water container?

I live up in Canada and it gets very cold up here.
    I live in Alaska so I deal with much the same thing. A stronk KOH and water solution 20 to 23% by weight will protect you down to the teens. Below that I add up to 20% isopropyl alcohol and have no freezing problems. It does affect production some but not like a frozen resovoir would. As for the bubbler I just use windshield washer fluid.