Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anybody else having exponential heat problems?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
    I have a hard time understanding this aswell, seems like a waste of good plates to me
    I guess that by increasing the distance between the plates that are actually in use, the resistance in the water increases since the electrons would have to travel further or something like that. If that is the case, then why is a plate needed at all? To slow down the flow of electrons even more?

I'm going to go with a +-+-... design until someone can explain why using neutral plates would increase production. If it gets too hot I suppose the best solution might be to cool it in some clever way.
    When using neutral plates, each neutral plate drops inducted voltage, by 2 volts.

Without using neutrals, you are inputting 14 volts (approximate alternator output), and 12 volts is exiting the negative. Any voltage over 2 (per plate) is wasted, for HHO production, and only goes to increase heat, in the generator......

However, using a set up such as +NNNNN- (dropping 2 volts at each negative plate), you voltage drops like this...........

14 12 10 8 6 4 2 with 14 volts representing the positive input, and 2 representing the negative (volts out)!

You could also double the set up as: +NNNNN-NNNNN+, and get the same electrical drop from cell to cell, but double the HHO output.

Or, even run multiple generators in parallel, set up as shown above with the 13 plate design.

And, note to Brunet, you should be measuring your calalyst as level teaspoons - Not tablespoons.

F150 Guest

he's right

Right on! I had (+-+-) thats basically two 14V bays.

I re-built mine to (+NNNN-). And its crazy, the 4 middle plates arent connected to anything yet still show 2.8volts across one another!

I was amazed. Is this like a homemade capacitor or something?

otrcomm Guest
    Neutral plates divide the input voltage by the number of cells you have. In your case, you have five cells between the plates. 14 divided by 5 is 2.8. Another interesting thing is if you measure the polarity of each neutral plate, you will find that the face facing the positive pole is negative and the opposite side of the same neutral plate will be negative. Each neutral plate will have one polarity on one side and the opposite polarity on the other. When you added the four neutral plates, you actually created five "unique" cells with 2.8 volts pushing through each cell. If you insulate or block off the edges of your plates, then you will eliminate "bleeding" at the edges and increase efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by otrcomm View Post
    I had heating problems also! My system went to boiling point quickly. Then setup a system similar to hydropower KY, except I use a heater core from a junk motorhome and now system stays below 100 F. I have the outfeed of recirculation system above the electrodes about two inches and infeed at bottom. This keeps a constant level in system and circulation helps strip bubbles off ss tubes. I also have a radiator overflow container plumbed into system that is calibrated to "show" the electrolyte level in the hho generators. I add electrolyte through the radiator overflow container instead of going into the hho generators. I have the heater core mounted in front of my radiator like a transmission cooler so electrolyte stays cool. I realize that you get more hydrogen production from a hotter system, but I didn't want to get into building a temperature sensor configuration to control my shurflo pump.
    You are smart to run a lower electrolyte solution, at lower temps.

If more production is needed, add a parallel system, fused separately.

I run three generators, at 10 amps each, highest registered temp is 128F. I put out 1.9 LPM, using one teaspoon Potassium Hydroxide per gallon of distilled water, and have seen a 58% increase in MPG.

On a bet, I doubled the catalyst, and experianced a trippleing of amps per unit, as well as outrageous output, but I shut it down immediately, and changed it back, so not to damage anything.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by cpozzer View Post
    At the moment i am trying with 2 gens link toghther in series, the amp draw is just 1,5 and the amount of bubbles is round about the same of one gen drawing 6 amps.

Cheers
    What is a gen link??

HHO Generator Excessive Heat

I've found that if you are just using a 2 plate system, with no neutrals like I first made, then you will definitely generate a lot of heat and high amperage. I was around 20 amps on my civic and only saw a 10% increase. I was using way too much baking soda too which caused heat gains. I'm now using a 5 plate system on my 2009 and have boosted my highway mileage from 42 to 50, for a 20% increase over the past 4 months. I'm also using Sodium Hydroxide now at a teaspoon to gal. of distilled water. I also found that producing too much HHO really messes with the cars computer and you'll get terrible mileage. Moderation is way better with the newer cars, unless you want to fool around with the car's computer. My glass container doesn't get hot anymore, just barely warm. Search ohiodozer on YouTube and you can see the 2 latest versions I made. Overall, I'm happy for now with 20% less trips to the gas stations!