Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else having exponential heat problems?

sp1r0 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HHO King View Post
    Take a look at this pwm with gauge setup. It looks simple to install.

http://www.extremehho.com
    30 Amp is not "Heavy Duty". That is a joke is what it is.

JojoJaro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HHO King View Post
    Take a look at this pwm with gauge setup. It looks simple to install.

http://www.extremehho.com
    Nice, but it needs more amp output (at least 60 A) and at least 13.8Vdc output to simulate actual alternator output.

If you only have 12 VDC, your gen might work good and not overheat in the bench, but will overheat when subjected to 13.8 VDC in a running engine.

sp1r0 Guest
    He is a spammer, check his other posts...

BigTruck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1r0 View Post
    Good job sp1r0. I hadn't picked up on that. Guess I'm slow, but I'm learning.

COMP Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1r0 View Post
    ya ,in other forums,,same link

F150 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    Use distilled water and sodium hydroxide (lye) or potassium hydroxide (potash) for a good, clean, effecient electrolyte.
    aka drain cleaner? or pure form? Can you give me a brand name of the product you used that had this in in?

Thanks

JojoJaro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by F150 View Post
    aka drain cleaner? or pure form? Can you give me a brand name of the product you used that had this in in?

Thanks
    Roebic Drain Cleaner from Lowe's. Check the label. It should say 100% Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH).

smartHHO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JojoJaro View Post
    Roebic Drain Cleaner from Lowe's. Check the label. It should say 100% Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH).
    Looked it up this weekend at Lowes. I seen 100%, but was crystal form. Have you been using liquid or crystal? Rest is not 100%.

Jaxom Guest
    Mine is in crystal form. It's sold as "Bull's Eye Crystal Drain Cleaner" from a local hardware store.

F150 Guest

electrolyte

Home depot, black bottle of drain opener liquid power its called. 50/50 mix of potassium and sodium hydroxide. $5. And wow! It took a ton of baking soda to draw what teaspoon of this stuff does. My cell is 99% cleaner! No mud!

I found that adding neutrals called for more electolyte. Baking soda worked ok with my first 12v one bay cell, but with my 5bay it needed 5 times the amount and turned to hot mud.