Thread: SCM Sheetmetal Rocks

SCM Sheetmetal Rocks

Good Day All,
    Tom the sheetmetal artist sent me a set of dry cell plates met all specifications. Excellent communication and trustworthyness.
    He is a member of this forum who i took a chance with and recieved a great product
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sweet7549 View Post
    Good Day All,
    Tom the sheetmetal artist sent me a set of dry cell plates met all specifications. Excellent communication and trustworthyness.
    He is a member of this forum who i took a chance with and recieved a great product
    Rick
    I totally agree with your statement. As an added bonus his price is very good.

Larry

bigjim56 Guest
    I am awaiting plates from SCM myself. He claims the plates are flattened by using 175 tons of pressure. He even offered to cut out a steel plate for gasket cutting for free. Can't wait to get them.

bigjim56

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim56 View Post
    I am awaiting plates from SCM myself. He claims the plates are flattened by using 175 tons of pressure. He even offered to cut out a steel plate for gasket cutting for free. Can't wait to get them.

bigjim56
    That steel plate for gasket cutting is a great idea. I wish I would have thought about that when I ordered my plates. I used a cardboard template cut out of the side of a beer box.

Now, if he could fabricate a razor sharp edged plate for gasket cutting, that you could just press and cut with.... oh yum!

I shudder everytime I think about cutting gaskets!
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO