Thread: Smack Booster Plate assembly

dougie175 Guest

Smack Booster Plate assembly

I have just bought myself a twin HHO kit of ebay which I have been told is a poor setup as there is no plate assembly just 2 pieces of metal sticking down into the water.

I was advised to fit smack booster plates inside the pots as this would give me the required hydrogen.

After reading smacks guide I am slightly confused about the plate assembly and also these sort of materials are not always very easy to find in england.

Is there anyone who is willing to produce some plates for me and send them via post at a price of corse!

I have 2 pots both have an inside diameter of 8cm and a total height of 19cm
    the posotive and negative connections are 4.5cm apart from the centre of the the bolts if that makes sense? Ideally I need the new plates to also have the posotive and negative centres 4.5cms apart to allow me to unbolt the current metal probes and easily bolt in the new smack plate assembly.

If someone has done this sort of thing before and would be interested in producing the plates for me please contact me on here or via email to robbmcdougall@hotmail.co.uk it would be very much apprechiated, as I feel like I have justed wasted alot of money on a very poor piece of kit so far and would like to salvage something from this if i can.

Thanks very much, Robb

ok to make a smack is easy.

parts needed is 1 - nylon thread rods = 2
    2 - nylon spacers = 16
    3 - ss nuts to fit the threaded rod = 20
    4 - SS wall switch plate covers = 16
    5 - SS straping = a few feet

and then assemble.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

dougie175 Guest
    Thanks for the reply I can find nylon thread, nylon washers, stainless nuts and probably stainless spoons/strap in UK, however the plates are much harder to find as with most DIY thing in this country we dont tend to have the large selection you have

I can probably have the stainless plates cut however this will probably be alot more expensive that finding flat plates to buy of the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by dougie175 View Post
    Thanks for the reply I can find nylon thread, nylon washers, stainless nuts and probably stainless spoons/strap in UK, however the plates are much harder to find as with most DIY thing in this country we dont tend to have the large selection you have

I can probably have the stainless plates cut however this will probably be alot more expensive that finding flat plates to buy of the shelf
    Check some of the home improvement stores for door kick plates, these are usually stainless.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

I have just bought myself a twin HHO kit of ebay which I have been told is a poor setup as there is no plate assembly just 2 pieces of metal sticking down into the water.

I was advised to fit smack booster plates inside the pots as this would give me the required hydrogen.

After reading smacks guide I am slightly confused about the plate assembly and also these sort of materials are not always very easy to find in england.

Is there anyone who is willing to produce some plates for me and send them via post at a price of corse!

I have 2 pots both have an inside diameter of 8cm and a total height of 19cm
    the posotive and negative connections are 4.5cm apart from the centre of the the bolts if that makes sense? Ideally I need the new plates to also have the posotive and negative centres 4.5cms apart to allow me to unbolt the current metal probes and easily bolt in the new smack plate assembly.

If someone has done this sort of thing before and would be interested in producing the plates for me please contact me on here or via email to robbmcdougall@hotmail.co.uk it would be very much apprechiated, as I feel like I have justed wasted alot of money on a very poor piece of kit so far and would like to salvage something from this if i can.

Thanks very much, Robb
    My best advice after spending much money on this technology is DO NOT THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD. When you realize that you have made a mistake stop and re evaluate your situation and think about your wants and needs. It is impossible to make chicken salad out of chicken s***. Just what do you want to accomplish. Do not try to salvage a bad cell. At best you will improve a bad cell to a poor cell. Take a little time and research the results people have gotten. Use good judgement and weed out the BS there is plenty of it out there but it is obvious. Spend your hard earned dollars on quality materials and go down the road of success.

GOOD LUCK. LUCK stands for
    Laboring
    Under
    Correct
    Knowledge

Larry

dougie175 i know your in the UK are you near DEVON. If you are i will give you my first Smack style booster, As i have realised there are better things out there and moved on to dry cells....

it might need some work on the lid!!

dougie175 Guest
    I think you are all right really I need to do some research into these dry cells, Im having a look on youtube but struggling finding the right kind of information about how they work and what I should be looking into to create one.

I think you are all right really I need to do some research into these dry cells, Im having a look on youtube but struggling finding the right kind of information about how they work and what I should be looking into to create one.
    Dougie,

Check out my thread 'Painless experiment in HHO' under 'General Discussions'. I cover dry cells very thoroughly amd have made a 'how to build one' youtube video that should help you. The first post tells you where to start for the dry cell info.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

I know what you mean... your local Mica stores are sort of like our small town Ace Hardware stores here in the states. How close are you to a Home Hardware? They will probably be your best bet.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Smacks cell

For more than a year, I made ALL the Stainless Steel plates for Dustin (Smack), starting with the GEN II, (which is like the "wall plate", except flat and is a "wet" cell). They are "in stock" AND I have several sets of the GEN IV in stock. I also have the "Smack" type gaskets and Acrylic end plates. The GEN IV is a "dry cell" configuration. If you need SS nuts, bolts, or fittings, let me know. I accept PayPal and can furnish REFERENCES, if needed.
    Complete package of GEV IV includes plates, gaskets, and Acrylic ends already with holes and outlet holes are "tapped" for U.S. Pipe threads.
    Thanks,
    larry@cargopal.com