Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: efie

i thought i saw a thread on this site that discussed how to enitially set up an efie, and i can not seem to find it. does anyone know where to start ( rough idea ). my truck only gets 10 mpg so i hate to go too far backwards ( and waste fuel ) before going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    i thought i saw a thread on this site that discussed how to enitially set up an efie, and i can not seem to find it. does anyone know where to start ( rough idea ). my truck only gets 10 mpg so i hate to go too far backwards ( and waste fuel ) before going in the right direction.
    This page is very informative:

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    thanks for the info, ive just rewired my map enhancer ( frequency type ) and cut the ground wire instead of the signal wire. it still shuts the engine off on the second mark. that is confusing to me. as for the efie, the info said i should see a difference in 1 ohm changes, but i cant tell a difference with 50 ohm changes. im just wandering if this efie is not the correct one for my truck. i have a three wire 02 sensor ( HEGO) and cut the signal wire to tie in. any suggestions ( besides give up ) would be appreciated

thanks alot;
    todd

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    as for the efie, the info said i should see a difference in 1 ohm changes, but i cant tell a difference with 50 ohm changes.
    Todd,

Your statement about the EFIE confuses things, EFIE's add voltage to the signal from an O2 narrowband sensor. Resistance to the O2 sensors signal doesn't come into play.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Some times the tips of the sodering gun loosen up and need to be tightened to conduct heat better.
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

i got this info from ford fuel injection . com

The HEGO Sensor detects the presence of oxygen in the exhaust and produces a variable voltage according to the amount of oxygen detected. A high concentration of oxygen (lean air/fuel ratio) in the exhaust produces a low voltage signal less than 0.4 volts. A low concentration of oxygen (rich air/fuel ratio) produces a high voltage signal greater than 0.6 volts. The 02 provides feedback to the computer (EEC) indicating air/fuel ratio in order to achieve a near stoichiometric air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 during closed loop engine operation. The 02 generates a voltage between 0.0 and 1.1 volts.

the highest reading i can get is 0.25 on the efie. after seeing this is there another efie that anyone suggests or should i just say the heck with this? i have pulled the codes from my ecm and it says system pass, no faults found

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    The EFIE will only show .25v if checking just it. What it does is add upto .25v to the signal. In other words, if the O2 is sending .04 (lean) the EFIE can add up to .25v now showing .65v or rich.
    since ive cut the signal wire the ecm can only see what the 0.25v that the efie is sending. i asked you alot of questions before i purchaced this from you and you always sent me to links. i hooked this up the only way that seemed logical, maybe it wont work for my application, but if anyone else tries to buy one you could see them through the install, since you are selling them

Did you bother to read the directions provided in the link?? The link I gave is very specific and all information needed is provided.

But to sum it up for you:
    1. Cut the O2 Signal wire.
    2. Connect the wire that is connected to the O2 sensor to O2-1
    3. Connect the other wire (the one going to the ECU) to ECU-1
    4. Make 12v and Gnd connections.
    If 2 O2 sensors:
    5. Connect the wire that is connected to the O2 sensor to O2-2
    6. Connect the other wire (the one going to the ECU) to ECU-2
    7. Check Voltage without engine running. I would start at .05v
    8. Start engine and let idle for 5 min, check voltage, you should be at approx .5V

You should be done. If you are only reading .05v (or whatever you were in step 7) something is wrong....
    i agree something is wrong. after engine has run 5 min or 30 min the highest reading i get is 0.25. the link painless sent me to said that 0.28 may be all some newer vehicles may see (i dont consider mine newer) but maybe it is what it is.

maybe im checking the voltage wrong. i have my voltmeter on the lowest setting, ( 20 volts ) im connecting the red lead to ecu and the black lead to 02. is this right or wrong?

thanks,again:
    todd

That should be right.
    Have you checked it not hooked to the EFIE?
    i dont know how to now that the wires are soldered in the efie