Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: efie

new test

i have run through a full feul run after the efie installation. i have the efie as high as i can get it ( .25 volts with engine warm and running ) my mileage dropped even further, now down to 9.5 mpg. i disconnected the hho vacume line from my intake, removed the fuse from the cell and fired my truck up and it smoked and flooded. it will only run with the cell connected. im thinking the efie doesnt like ford eec iv injection. are there any suggestions before i remove it?

todd

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    i have run through a full feul run after the efie installation. i have the efie as high as i can get it ( .25 volts with engine warm and running ) my mileage dropped even further, now down to 9.5 mpg. i disconnected the hho vacume line from my intake, removed the fuse from the cell and fired my truck up and it smoked and flooded. it will only run with the cell connected. im thinking the efie doesnt like ford eec iv injection. are there any suggestions before i remove it?

todd
    Something sounds very wrong if I am understanding the post correctly. Your vehicle flooded with the cell off and the EFIE on? That just is not what should happen at all! It sounds to me like somewhere somehow the EFIE is either not hooked up correctly or not operating correctly. It should lean the truck out not flood it. Even with no HHO with the EFIE connected you should see an increase in MPG. Something somewhere it telling your truck to run very rich. The only reason that I can think of that your truck would flood after unhooking the HHO from vacuum is that the extra amount of air drawn into the intake through the HHO device was enough to lean out the air/fuel mixture just enough to make it run. Even if HHO was not helping at all this should not happen. It sounds to me like you are subtracting voltage from the O2 sensor line instead of adding it. That would make your results add up. Or the EFIE you are using is not compatable with your O2 type. I do not know what your truck has for O2's but a normal EFIE will make mine richer. Mine has wide band air/fuel sensors. They operate opposite most O2's. As the voltage goes down in the signal line my truck runs leaner.