Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The last 6 months.

Question The last 6 months.

About six months ago there were 3 types of posts on this forum.

1> HHO is great! I got 30% more MPG. Wow!

2> I doubt it, it doesn't make any sense.

3> You are a fool. Are you being paid off by the big oil companies?

What do we have now?

I am still at it, but where are the enthusiasts from 6 months ago?

What about Zero Fossil Fuels, where are his MPG videos? All quiet.

What happened to E and his 86% MPG claims.

Can you point to anyone who has verified their MPG claims?

I can use a boost myself.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    About six months ago there were 3 types of posts on this forum.

1> HHO is great! I got 30% more MPG. Wow!

2> I doubt it, it doesn't make any sense.

3> You are a fool. Are you being paid off by the big oil companies?

What do we have now?

I am still at it, but where are the enthusiasts from 6 months ago?

What about Zero Fossil Fuels, where are his MPG videos? All quiet.

What happened to E and his 86% MPG claims.

Can you point to anyone who has verified their MPG claims?

I can use a boost myself.

BoyntonStu
    Stu, I am a very busy man with a good paying job. I have a family with 4 kids at home. I do not need to save money on fuel. If I was needing to save money on fuel I could never have spent the money I have obviously spent on this. I ran an HHO set up on a 1998 Jeep Wrangler for most of a year. I started way before the gas spike of last summer and and way before the huge spike in HHO hype. I found nice gains that lasted over the entire period of time. I was just using an ineffecient open bath type design. I wish I would have joined a forum or used video or something else to document the mileage. I only became obsessed with making a more effecient device when I decided to replace the Jeep late last summer. That is when I joined this forum and really started learning more and more. Now I have no idea how the Nissan will react to HHO. The 4.0 inline 6cyl that was in the Jeep is a very dirty engine and in the last 11 years auto manufacturers have made the computers much harder to beat. I think the lower gas prices have driven the majority of the people away but they will return. Oil will come back up as soon as this burden on the economy eases and people start buying more fuel world wide. The remaining few of us that stay seem to be more obsessed with design and effeciency. I obviously am. My truck is now 5 months old and I am still messing with design without an install. I for one am a beleiver that it can and will help. I have witnessed it over an 8000 mile test drive in a vehicle that I drove for 10 years. I have no hard proof because I was never concerned with proving it to anyone other than myself. I do beleive that the few people that are left are the true dedicated ones and someone or some group is going to find the solution that can and will help everyone.

Larry

Question

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Stu, I am a very busy man with a good paying job. I have a family with 4 kids at home. I do not need to save money on fuel. If I was needing to save money on fuel I could never have spent the money I have obviously spent on this. I ran an HHO set up on a 1998 Jeep Wrangler for most of a year. I started way before the gas spike of last summer and and way before the huge spike in HHO hype. I found nice gains that lasted over the entire period of time. I was just using an ineffecient open bath type design. I wish I would have joined a forum or used video or something else to document the mileage. I only became obsessed with making a more effecient device when I decided to replace the Jeep late last summer. That is when I joined this forum and really started learning more and more. Now I have no idea how the Nissan will react to HHO. The 4.0 inline 6cyl that was in the Jeep is a very dirty engine and in the last 11 years auto manufacturers have made the computers much harder to beat. I think the lower gas prices have driven the majority of the people away but they will return. Oil will come back up as soon as this burden on the economy eases and people start buying more fuel world wide. The remaining few of us that stay seem to be more obsessed with design and effeciency. I obviously am. My truck is now 5 months old and I am still messing with design without an install. I for one am a beleiver that it can and will help. I have witnessed it over an 8000 mile test drive in a vehicle that I drove for 10 years. I have no hard proof because I was never concerned with proving it to anyone other than myself. I do beleive that the few people that are left are the true dedicated ones and someone or some group is going to find the solution that can and will help everyone.

Larry

Larry,

You and I are in the same canoe.

I know for a fact that by just restricting my air intake about 40% my 7 year old ZX2 has gone from 28 TO 32-33 mpg.

The ECU thinks that the car is in Denver where the air is thinner.

What was the before/after mpg with your Wrangler?

It is folks like you and Russ and just a few others that I completely trust.

Many others are in it just for the money or are they are just fooling themselves.

BoyntonStu

Like H2OPWR, I am in it for the technology, though admittedly I started out because of gas prices.

The only gains I ever saw in my Saturn Vue, were due to the EFIE and not the HHO. I think until I get up around 5-6 LPM at a reasonable wattage, I won't see any gains from HHO. I do think the technology is viable, I just have to find the amount of HHO that will provide me the gains that are safe for the engine.

If I achieve better gas mileage then great. If not, then I have a portable HHO welding torch.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Larry,

You and I are in the same canoe.

I know for a fact that by just restricting my air intake about 40% my 7 year old ZX2 has gone from 28 TO 32-33 mpg.

The ECU thinks that the car is in Denver where the air is thinner.

What was the before/after mpg with your Wrangler?

It is folks like you and Russ and just a few others that I completely trust.

Many others are in it just for the money or are they are just fooling themselves.

BoyntonStu

Stu, I manage inventory and operations for 4 very large auto dealerships that are located all within a two block area. My office is in one dealership but in my daily travels I drive to each four or five times per day. I only have an 11 minute commute to work all city driving. So you can see that my fuel economy sucks. Extreme city driving. Before HHO with the Jeep in the summer in 2WD I would get 12.8 to 13 mpg consistantly and 11.3 to 11.5 in the winter with the cold weather and 4WD engaged all the time. These numbers I am absolutely positive of because I have to document my mileage for the IRS in order to get the tax deduction for business use of a personal car. After the HHO install I got an immediate jump to 15.5 to 16 in the winter and all last summer averaged 17 to 17.5 MPG. I did only a couple of 50 mile tests on the highway and the increase was much more but as you know it takes way more than two 50 mile test runs to validate MPG. I actually recorded almost 30 MPG. 29.8 to be exact during the highway tests but those would need much more validation to be proven. I just bo not drive the vehicle that I use for work much during off time. We always take the family vehicle.

bigjim56 Guest
    I got into it mainly because of the gas prices. After seeing how well the car runs using HHO, I'm sure its good for it...and the lower exhaust emissions are a big plus. Currently using the water4gas design, but waiting on plates for my first dry cell build. Did some of my own experimenting w/an extra cell last night shift. I was VERY SURPRISED when I did a solution of 50/50 windshield washer fluid and deionized water and tested for a balloon
    test....nothing! Immediately went to a 15% solution of alcohol and deionized water and it started working! If anyone is using the windshield washer fluid for freeze control, I suggest checking for hydrolization, because it was'nt working for me. Let the disharge hose sit elevated, and use a soap solution to check bubbles (on fingers) for combustion using a bic lighter. I know its working on my car now, just have'nt used a full tank of petro yet. This HHO is addicting, and the thought of sticking it to the oil companies is a big bonus.

bigjim56

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim56 View Post
    I got into it mainly because of the gas prices. After seeing how well the car runs using HHO, I'm sure its good for it...and the lower exhaust emissions are a big plus. Currently using the water4gas design, but waiting on plates for my first dry cell build. Did some of my own experimenting w/an extra cell last night shift. I was VERY SURPRISED when I did a solution of 50/50 windshield washer fluid and deionized water and tested for a balloon
    test....nothing! Immediately went to a 15% solution of alcohol and deionized water and it started working! If anyone is using the windshield washer fluid for freeze control, I suggest checking for hydrolization, because it was'nt working for me. Let the disharge hose sit elevated, and use a soap solution to check bubbles (on fingers) for combustion using a bic lighter. I know its working on my car now, just have'nt used a full tank of petro yet. This HHO is addicting, and the thought of sticking it to the oil companies is a big bonus.

bigjim56
    This HHO is addicting, and the thought of sticking it to the oil companies is a big bonus. That's what got me into it, it's hard to put down, every time i walk through a store that has SS pots and pans etc i can't help thinking, what can i make with it

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Diamond View Post
    This HHO is addicting, and the thought of sticking it to the oil companies is a big bonus. That's what got me into it, it's hard to put down, every time i walk through a store that has SS pots and pans etc i can't help thinking, what can i make with it
    lol me too ....lub toys ... up here its just the weather that puts a damper on hho. come the spring and all hell will break loose for HHo
    HHOinventions.com

bigjim56 Guest
    The warm weather REALLY makes the cells work well, its just getting thru the winter months thats a drag.

bigjim56

I started being interested in HHO when one evening I was browsing the web and noticed one of those "Run your car on water" ads. My first thought was "yeah, right" but my open mind lead me to click the link. I was taken to a water4gas site. I didn't buy the plans, but started googling, trying to find out more about the theory behind these things.

After some digging, I finally found some information about how the generators work and began to read up on electrolysis of water. Eventually, google lead me to these forums and it's all history from there.

My main interest, from the start, was the ability to increase my MPG and to clean up my exhaust for the aid of the environment.

I haven't personally seen any gains yet, but also know that my Dodge has a very stubborn computer as well as a large LPM requirement. The science makes perfect sense to me and people have reported mpg gains which I believe to be feasible.

The technological challenge is also strong for me.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO