Thread: how to hook up an Efie?

how to hook up an Efie?

Hi
    I have a 2001 tundra with dual o2 sensors. I am building the efie and am not sure how to hook it up. I know that you have to use the wires coming off my o2 sensors but they are so hard to get to from underneath my truck it would be impossible to put the wires together. So is there another place that i can get my hands on the wires? Also, which wire is which and where do they go on my efie?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    Hi
    I have a 2001 tundra with dual o2 sensors. I am building the efie and am not sure how to hook it up. I know that you have to use the wires coming off my o2 sensors but they are so hard to get to from underneath my truck it would be impossible to put the wires together. So is there another place that i can get my hands on the wires? Also, which wire is which and where do they go on my efie?
    thanks

Here's good link that will help,it has everything you need to know about efie's and how to install them.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/documents.html

how to hook up an EFIE?

I just looked on that site and they said efie's wont work with 4 wire sensors,which mine is. Is that true or false? Also does Map sensor echancers really work? I have one on my truck and i cant decide if it really works or not. Any known good echancers?

I just looked on that site and they said efie's wont work with 4 wire sensors,which mine is. Is that true or false? Also does Map sensor echancers really work? I have one on my truck and i cant decide if it really works or not. Any known good echancers?
    Your 4-wire sensor is quite possibly a narrow band with heater, fairly common on the newer vehicles.

If your sensor is definitely narrow band, you will be fine.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Tundra4x4 map enhancers don't work that well(at least on most vehicles)O2 efies are your best bet for mileage gains.I have a map en. on my truck but keep it turned down low and just use it to slightly assist the O2 efie.

If you're interested in installing an O2 efie your first step is to follow the instructions in the doc I sent you and check your voltages to determine what type O2s you have.My Dodge ram has 4 wires and it's a common narrow band,you won't know what you have until you've checked your voltage readings.

The link I gave also sells both narrow and wide band O2 efies and has great support should you need help installing and adjusting the efie.

How do hook up efie?

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Tundra4x4 map enhancers don't work that well(at least on most vehicles)O2 efies are your best bet for mileage gains.I have a map en. on my truck but keep it turned down low and just use it to slightly assist the O2 efie.

If you're interested in installing an O2 efie your first step is to follow the instructions in the doc I sent you and check your voltages to determine what type O2s you have.My Dodge ram has 4 wires and it's a common narrow band,you won't know what you have until you've checked your voltage readings.

The link I gave also sells both narrow and wide band O2 efies and has great support should you need help installing and adjusting the efie.
    Ok i got my wiring diagram to hook it up but now i am stuck once again. Which wires go where? Like bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1...what? I need alittle more help knowing where to put the wires in my eife.

Ok i got my wiring diagram to hook it up but now i am stuck once again. Which wires go where? Like bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1...what? I need alittle more help knowing where to put the wires in my eife.
    Tundra4x4 have you located the signal wire yet by testing the voltage using the instructions on the link I gave you?

With the 4 wire 1 should be ground and another should be 6-12 volts for the heater, the 2 that are left are the reference wire and the signal wire(the one with fluctuating voltage most common narrowband will be between 0to 1v,other narrow bands like mine have a 2.5to 3.5 bias voltage although higher voltage sometimes mean wideband O2s.

Get the voltage testing done to identify the signal wire and post the voltage and we'll go from there.

to untangle the mess and answer your question,

Bank 1 = Driv. side
    Bank 2 = Pass. Side

Sensor 1 = pre cat (or closest to the manifold)
    Sensor 2 = post cat (or next one in line from sensor 1)

usually you're only required to adjust the pre cat sensors. it's also important to get some voltage readings BEFORE you get this bad boy hooked up.

i hope this helps
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

Thanks guys...once i get it hooked up i will let yall know how it works.