Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to all the success stories?

Question What happened to all the success stories?

About 6 months ago, there were daily reports of increased MPG from experimenters.

"I put a pair of SS spoons in a Mason jar, and PRESTO! 40% increase"

As cells got better, the success stories diminished.

Zero dreamed of getting 4.5 MMW.

Today Zero is silent with much higher efficiency cells. Why?

Do we need to go back to lousy cells to see increases?

Is anyone getting good results with 5-10 LPM?

What is not going on?

BoyntonStu

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    About 6 months ago, there were daily reports of increased MPG from experimenters.

What is not going on?

BoyntonStu

I think a lot of what you have noticed is that people are becoming a lot more sophisticated in their data acquisition and analysis ... I am doing some very interesting things with 5-10 lpm, but not in automotive applications ... too many are tying the ultimate success or failure of HHO production to getting mileage gains in automobiles and are ignoring a number of other valuable uses ... there are immediate benefits to using HHO in stationary engines as a fuel economy booster ... in cases where the engine runs at a steady RPM, our primitive methods of metering in the fuel is able to work and work pretty well ... but without a very significant leap in the technology of getting the gas metered in a precise way, and injected into the engine at just the right time, meaningful results in automobiles will always be spotty ... this is just my opinion, not to be confused with hard scientific fact ...

Gary Diamond Guest

What is not going on?

BoyntonStu
    Now that get's me thinking

im still working on mine.

but i have seen good gains, at around 20 amp - going to dry cell now.

but for 5LPM i would need 3 of my wet cells and about 60 amps.

I have recently put one of my wet cells on my nephews car - Audi with a 2.5L strait 5(with a O2 extender), but havent seen the same MPG gain or power gain as my 89 caddy with a 4.5L V8.

same LPM output but not the same MPG gain, anybody know why??
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

What is not going on?

BoyntonStu
    I am attempting to have large volumes of HHO to try.

Stu, I beleive that much of what was reported was nonsence before. MPG gains were made by many but not to the extent that were being reported. Much of the problem I beleive is in that most of the devices installed simply were not of the quality to operate more than a couple of months without leaking and overheating problems. With the advent of cheaper gas most have not tried again. Only a few hardcore HHO enthusiasts remain. We are all mostly trying to make improvements in the devices. I got nice gains when I had a device installed but was using HHO on a vehicle that was easy to improve. Automobiles vary on adaptability. I beleive the Frontier will be harder to make the same gains because of the much tighter control the ECU has on air/fuel ratios

Larry

Question

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I am attempting to have large volumes of HHO to try.

Stu, I beleive that much of what was reported was nonsence before. MPG gains were made by many but not to the extent that were being reported. Much of the problem I beleive is in that most of the devices installed simply were not of the quality to operate more than a couple of months without leaking and overheating problems. With the advent of cheaper gas most have not tried again. I got nice gains when I had a device installed but was using HHO on a vehicle that was easy to improve. Automobiles vary on adaptability. Only a few hardcore HHO enthusiasts remain. We are all mostly trying to make improvements in the devices. I beleive the Frontier will be harder to make the same gains because of the much tighter control the ECU has on air/fuel ratios

Larry
    "I got nice gains when I had a device installed but was using HHO on a vehicle that was easy to improve. Automobiles vary on adaptability."

What car? What device? Amps?

Before/after MPG

What was the length of time or miles for the improvement?

BoyntonStu

"I got nice gains when I had a device installed but was using HHO on a vehicle that was easy to improve. Automobiles vary on adaptability."

What car? What device? Amps?

Before/after MPG

What was the length of time or miles for the improvement?

BoyntonStu
    Stu, I posted everything in this thread a couple of weeks ago when you asked for the information.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359

Larry

chris1200 Guest
    I believe every car has it's own ideal gasoline:air:hho ratio and depends mostly on its displacement, compression and timing. I also think this "balance" does not require too much hho and that any excess will actually reduce MPG. Re-test your low yield generators and compare

Question

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Stu, I posted everything in this thread a couple of weeks ago when you asked for the information.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359

Larry
    "I found nice gains that lasted over the entire period of time. I was just using an ineffecient open bath type design. I wish I would have joined a forum or used video or something else to document the mileage"

Nice gains; the mileage went from _____ to ______?

I was just using an ineffecient open bath type design

Number of plates, sizes, V, A?

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by chris1200 View Post
    I believe every car has it's own ideal gasoline:air:hho ratio and depends mostly on its displacement, compression and timing. I also think this "balance" does not require too much hho and that any excess will actually reduce MPG. Re-test your low yield generators and compare
    I also believe that some are getting gains with smaller outputs due to the fact that their cells are less efficient and providing a significant amount of water vapour to the intake. Naturally, this will also increase power. The more efficient generators that are putting out higher LPM's should, hopefully, produce less water vapour.

Makes a good case for accompanying HHO with a separate water injection system.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO