Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to all the success stories?

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    My stock 2.3 2002 5 spd Ranger gets 26 MPH.

BoyntonStu
    Driving style, perhaps... or quality of gas?

My Ram averages 16-17 mpg when I fill up at BP, if I fill up at valero I'm lucky to get 15.

Suffice to say, I always get my gas at BP.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

coffeeachiever Guest
    I think I have reached a burnout point with this. It is now my wife that is pushing me to accomplish something with it. She has a lot of faith in me, God bless her.
    I am installing my freshly rebuilt and slightly improved generator on her Jeep this week. I am trying for the first time Shane's EFIE and PWM. I am hoping to see some improvement in milage. It obviously won't be what I had envisioned over a year ago when I first began researching HHO.
    The bright side of this? I have found two other technologies that will either compliment HHO or replace it all together. I never would have known about either had it not been for HHO.
    The first is one that we have discussed already. Plasma spark plugs and the VexUs circuit. It seems that it accomplishes what we are trying to do with HHO. What is unclear is if it and HHO will compliment each other.
    The other technology is one I haven't seen discussed here, but seems to be very promising. It's the vaporizing carburetor.
    Appearantly, those fabled carbys that achieved 100-200 mpg are real. Seems they've been around for 80+ years. They work by vaporizing the gasoline before it is ignited. Makes sense doesn't it?
    The issue with them now is that the additives in the gas nowdays are designed to gum up a carb of this type. It's a dirty trick, yes, but we expect that from our gas producers, don't we?
    Point is...Im going to install this HHO generator on the wife's Jeep. I hope to see some appreciable gains, but if I do or don't I believe it's time to move on to complimentary technologies.
    I believe in HHO. I believe that water holds the key to our energy needs. I also believe that we have to do something in the interim, until we figure it out, to eliminate our need of foriegn oil. With the economy now failing, it has become an issue of national security.

chris1200 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    The other technology is one I haven't seen discussed here, but seems to be very promising. It's the vaporizing carburetor.
    Appearantly, those fabled carbys that achieved 100-200 mpg are real. Seems they've been around for 80+ years. They work by vaporizing the gasoline before it is ignited. Makes sense doesn't it?
    I have done some research and totally agree with you, there are many patented designs. This is something we need to look into...Allan Wallace wrote a book explaining in detail how this old technology works.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chris1200 View Post
    I have done some research and totally agree with you, there are many patented designs. This is something we need to look into...Allan Wallace wrote a book explaining in detail how this old technology works.
    I disagree.

Modern Fuel Injection vaporizes the gas better than any carb ever did.

The 60-80 MPG carb is an urban legend.

Patent protected ideas don't have to work in order to be approved.

BoyntonStu

Energy is never free. Did you ever price a sail?

I'll keep on trying!

My latest attemt with O2 extenders and a poor mans EFEI on my Plymouth Laser got 27 mpg down from 29 ish but not as bad as the first test of 26mph. I hate fuel injection, O2 sensors and MAF controlers, but I'll keep on trying. I try something different. Build the stuff to make it run better and maybe get my old VeeWmax out. AHH a carb. Have Fun! Bobb

chris1200 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    I disagree.

Modern Fuel Injection vaporizes the gas better than any carb ever did.

The 60-80 MPG carb is an urban legend.

Patent protected ideas don't have to work in order to be approved.

BoyntonStu

Energy is never free. Did you ever price a sail?
    So BoyntonStu, I guess you have build one of those vaporizer carburators and tested it on your car...and compare it to your fuel injection.

Your so called "Efficient Modern Fuel Injection" will actually pressurize the fuel to such a high level it will never vaporize. It will push gasoline through a nozzle (injector) in order to a spray.

Do some research...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chris1200 View Post
    So BoyntonStu, I guess you have build one of those vaporizer carburators and tested it on your car...and compare it to your fuel injection.

Your so called "Efficient Modern Fuel Injection" will actually pressurize the fuel to such a high level it will never vaporize. It will push gasoline through a nozzle (injector) in order to a spray.

Do some research...
    OK,

Let's see your A/B comparison or any comparison experiment.

A high pressure spray vaporizes better than a vacuum spray.

High pressure to atmosphere, is how a can of spray paint works.

Sucking on a can of paint will not vaporize it as well.

BoyntonStu

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    My 1926 Model T gets better gas milage than my 2006 CTS...... I wonder what the model T would do with FI....

WIKI
    Fuel injection systems have evolved significantly since the mid 1980s. Current systems provide an accurate, reliable and cost-effective method of metering fuel and providing maximum engine efficiency with clean exhaust emissions, which is why EFI systems have replaced carburetors in the marketplace. EFI is becoming more reliable and less expensive through widespread usage. At the same time, carburetors are becoming less available, and more expensive. Even marine applications are adopting EFI as reliability improves. Virtually all internal combustion engines, including motorcycles, off-road vehicles, and outdoor power equipment, may eventually use some form of fuel injection.

Weight of each?

Tire diameter, pressure, and tread width?

Speed/Acceleration comparison?

Apples and Oranges?

AFAIK with FI the MPG would be better.

BoyntonStu

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    My 1926 Model T gets better gas milage than my 2006 CTS...... I wonder what the model T would do with FI....
    Maybe blow up

Well I do not like fuel injection in general, but both of my cars have it, one throttlebody and one multiport. My Throttle body gives me way less grief, just to the OBDII on my other car, stupid computer = more reliable,a few sensors dont work, and it will still run, OBDII(smart computer) relies on sensors way too much, one sensor goes bad and it doesnt run. So which one is really stupid?

But i have been working on an diff carb for HHO, the carb does not run with liquid fuel, needs gases only. but havnt bruilt enough gens to produce a good amount of LPM, but will get there.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.