Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PWM for less heat in your cell

feefreehho Guest

PWM for less heat in your cell

Check out pwmpower.com for free help on how to build your own pwm unit. These units can change the frequency, voltage, etc. of the power to your hho cell. This will allow more HHO production with less heat build-up. Heat is your enemy. Search pwmpower on youtube.com and check out his videos that will show you step by step how to build your own. He has gone out of his way to help those that have little money build their own.
    He also sells PWMs for a very reasonable price. If you are lookntfnd HHO cells, check his channel for references.

CHRISTOPHER Guest

NO

I hate to bring bad news but i have built that pwm 50amp and have run it on 4 cells you do not get more production at all. The more you tern it down the less hho you get. have built about 5 different types and all have same results great controle over the gas but checked through the whole rang and there is no diff in production but it does bring the curent down so the cell will not heat up as fast but will still heat up, unless you run it at 1.45v and then you production is much less but you get no heat. Anything over that will get hoter by the minute.

If you now of the secret then plz tell i would love to now have done lots of tests on this pwm and others claiming to give you better production and have still to find its worth other than beeing a very good controler for the gas output.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Yeah I also want to try one but I havent seen any meaningful results yet! Anybody got a GOOD pwm going that has the right effect? In fact if you need proof try going here!

http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Proje...gen/H-Cell.htm

Fishhook Guest

pwm purpose

I am in the process of buying/building/installing my first hho unit. If I am understanding this process, the pwm is added only to control heat?
    As to the heat, what if the water was circulated through some sort of heat sink or cooler? For you experienced folk, please humor what I am sure are ignorant questions. I will have quite a few over the next couple of days.

bagrman Guest

Not pwmpower.com

Sorry to say that pwmpower can't keep up. I ordered mine a month ago and nothing yet. the price went from 139 to 189 since then.
    Latr

bagrman Guest
    Fishhook The PWM will allow you to tweek the frequency of the power coming in and that is where the savings in heat and greater gas output comes from. between 42 -43 hrtz is exposed to be the sweet spot.

Latr

xjguy Guest
    hate to hijack this thread but does anyone know where i can find plans to a
    build a pwm?

Quote Originally Posted by bagrman View Post
    Fishhook The PWM will allow you to tweek the frequency of the power coming in and that is where the savings in heat and greater gas output comes from. between 42 -43 hrtz is exposed to be the sweet spot.

Latr
    Really? I heard between 4khz and 5khz is the sweet spot.

donsimpson12 Guest
    I bought a PWM off of ebay and am looking for a way to change the frequency.. I read somewhere that all you have to do is change the cap on the PWM but can't find the info now..

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-AMP-HYDROGEN-...742.m153.l1262

Any ideas on this one???

Thanks
    Don

I'm pretty sure you chance the cap. Of course, what capacitance it needs is another question. And that doesn't look like it can handle 30amps... I use one identical to that for my LED tail light boards I built and the heatsink gets pretty hot as it is... and they only draw 1.5 amps.