Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just asking, DOES A PWM REALLY DO ANYTHING?

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartScarecrow View Post
    100% HHO .. runs fine ... been doing it since late last year ... so far, no damage to the cheap Chinese engine ... I am still not doing it well ... my delivery system needs much improvement ... and there are modifications to the piston engine I need to try to see what works best ... so far, have tried a milled down head to increase compression ratio to 13:1 and various timing and ignition mods ... I have also documented the volumes of HHO required to run the engine under various loads ... its all just pure research and data acquisition ... the understanding is goal enough for me ...
    I love it, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, any videos??

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Diamond View Post
    I love it, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, any videos??

yeah, I have published quite a few videos of how to do it on YouTube ... the latest is a sequence of 9 videos I shot while an EBN co-worker was in town visiting with me for 10 days ... during that 10 day period we ran about every test we could think of and gave a pretty complete presentation on our findings ... its a very long and sometimes boring series of videos, but it gives a pretty clear picture of what we learned over nearly 2 man years of pure research into how to run an engine on 100% HHO ... dont get me wrong, we still have a lot of work to do ... took Detroit 100 years to get us our gas burners to the point they are now ... we are trying to compress that into just a hand full of man years ...

this is my YouTube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartScarecrow ... the videos are pretty well organized ... you will want to look at the generator project videos and the d3/scarecrow collaboration videos ... get some pop corn and sodas ... think its a couple hours worth if I recall ...

Question

SSC,

I don't understand why testing an engine running on hho would benefit those who wish to use hho to improve gas burning.

For example; what percentage of hho is necessary?

What timing adjustment would be best?

What can be done with the ECU?

Etc.

How can running a 2.5 hp engine on pure hho help with the above?

BoyntonStu

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    SSC,

I don't understand why testing an engine running on hho would benefit those who wish to use hho to improve gas burning.

For example; what percentage of hho is necessary?

What timing adjustment would be best?

What can be done with the ECU?

Etc.

How can running a 2.5 hp engine on pure hho help with the above?

BoyntonStu
    Well for one Stu, its never been done as far as i know, that alone makes it worth it.

We can learn how a engine needs to be set up for HHO compared to Gas, that data may or may not be usefull, but I for one would love to see the data.

And for a twist what would happen with a small amount of gas added?

Right now everyone is just guessing how much HHO should be needed for a certain size engine, perhaps this can clear the air

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Well for one Stu, its never been done as far as i know, that alone makes it worth it.

We can learn how a engine needs to be set up for HHO compared to Gas, that data may or may not be usefull, but I for one would love to see the data.

Right now everyone is just guessing how much HHO should be needed for a certain size engine, perhaps this can clear the air

you are correct ... however, use of HHO as a fuel economy booster in automobiles is only one small area that has gotten all the attention ... there are so many folks working on automotive implementations that someone has to work on the other angles ... my interests are in other areas ... but much of what I am learning has application ... or so I am told by the EBN R&D staff ...

SmartScarecrow Guest

I can tell you that with a 100cc engine, with very poor control over the method used to get the gas into the combustion chamber, I can run the engine at idle speed, about 1000rpm, with about 3.5 lpm of gas ... to get the engine to operate at full speed, about 3500 rpm, required about 9 lpm of gas ...

now we were probably loosing about 20-25% of our HHO via blow by right past the rings or back out the intake ... there is no way all of it was getting where it was supposed to go ... so we need much better control over our method of getting the fuel into the engine and metering its volume ... this is something I am working on ...

bigjim56 Guest
    SmartScarecrow Quote:

now we were probably loosing about 20-25% of our HHO via blow by right past the rings or back out the intake ... there is no way all of it was getting where it was supposed to go ... so we need much better control over our method of getting the fuel into the engine and metering its volume ... this is something I am working on ...

bigjim56:

Fuel injection for HHO. Thats what we want. Everything comes in steps. Where we were once working on FI for cars w/gasoline, now we're working on FI for the gas (literally). Send the gas to a expansion vessel, there it gets metered out, a resident pressure relief valve protects from overpressure and exhausts excessive pressure either to atmosphere or a secondary expansion tank. Maybe the PWM can be wired to slack off when the demand is low....hmmmm

Lots to think about..

bigjim56

wcorless Guest

Fuel Injection of HHO

What about running the HHO under pressure to inject it into the cylinder.
    My understanding is that some people have been experimenting with around 40 PSI with excellent results.

gareth01422 Guest
    Hi all

I've just watched the 9 youtube video's of SmartScarecrow with Dp making a 2.5 gen run off HHO only.

Great work guys And I think you have helped me with issues in y head regarding running a standard piston engine (as we know the basic engine design was engineered to run off petrol, Gas or diesel). Your compression tests was really well explained and i feel this may have a knock on effect as in the question could be "Are we really achieving anything running this basic engine design with a few modifications on HHO? Which could lead onto "may be we should be looking at designing a more efficient, higher compression engine to run on HHO?"

If you look at all the hundreds of youtube videos of new engine design I am sure we could design a type of engine to run solely off HHO. My personal feelings are designing a high compression radial engine i.e. the rotary Wankel engine mass produced by Mazda. But there are a lot of other designs out there.

My second thoughts, the exhaust fumes from the generator had some bizarre effects with your LCD's on measuring equipment. Could we try using this to our advantage i.e. porting part of it back into the engine as there seems to be some sort of energy in this gas? Or create some sort of turbine to help generate rotary motion? The possibilities are endless.........

Just my thoughts

Gareth

Erik the Red Guest

Talking PWM, a must!

This little chat about the PWM has cleared up the mist that surrounded the use of. I am now toatally convinced to the use of the Pulse Width Modulator & the need to have one. I have a 3.2 V6 Honda which in the UK is a rather large engine & currently building & trying to perfect a Dry Cell. If anybody has got anything useful to say in helping me I would be very greatful. Thnx Guys E "!"