Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Active cooling

HHOWolfen Guest
    I am working on a lexan box with several tubes from one end to the other, and using air from the smog pump to cool the 'juice', there is a thin chamber on each end of the box which has plates inside, arranged vertically in 6 groups of 10 plates, + n n - n n + n n -, with both anodes connected to one bolt, and both cathodes to one bolt, with straps to each 'cell' unit, making one positive connection and one neg connection for each box, also making 3 and 4 unit boxes for smaller engines, or for divided installations due to space limitations

mikestrikes Guest
    Its costly but its made of SS............

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brazed-30-Plate-...QQcmdZViewItem

lukeoid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3blonds View Post
    I... The key to my success is my scanguage and the ability to fine tune my MAF and my two O2 sensors, without the scangauge I was guessing at everything, best money I spent so far..
    What do you set your scan gauge to and what do you look for/monitor?
    (Sounds like you have a nice set up there.)

lukeoid1 Guest

brick with wings

How about this.
    I notice that guys like MagDrive and EBN are doing a brick design, but to help with heat, I thought: Why not bild the plates such that on one side the plates extend outward way beyond that one side of the gasket so that they would behave like radiator fins? With only a tiny bit of air current one could expect huge heat release, right?
    Has anyone tried this?

bat Guest
    anyone thought about running two stainless tubes through the generator connected to a copper coil or radiator with plastic tubing? The tubes might even act as n plates.

candyman55 Guest

Cooling

hey guys,
    why not use ss gas lines and coil them around, say 1-1/2" pipe use a gas pump or pond pump if you like? I just bought 12- 3/8 lines off ebay for 19 bucks. I'm sure they will work really well in a week or so I will know.