Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom Plates Available Soon

Plates Are Now Available

I now have 20 gauge 304 grade available as rectangle cut plates or fabricated with tabs.

The website will be open no later than this weekend, but if you would like to make a purchase or have questions, please message me or drop me an email at computerclinic@atlasok.com

Thanks again y'all
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

?

Pictures, etc?

Open for suggestions and light sale traffic

Well the shop is not open 100% as of yet. We are awaiting permission from the board to conduct business and fabricate metals on the premises. Once we have the okay, we will be in full swing, but for now, we have a few items to select from. Please excuse the incomplete site...As I mentioned earlier, we are not open 100% yet so I am lacking alot of stock and images, but we do have a few things available.

Looking for feedback about pricing and the types of plates folks are looking for. DO NOT TRUST THE PRICING ON THE SITE YET! We are still hammering out the details of this and are subject to change. If there is something you like or would like to see available, please let me know by messaging me or drop me an email at computerclinic@atlasok.com

We hope to complete the pricing, cosmetics, and stocking sometime this week, and have board approval by the end of the month. Until then, we can only do Ebay stuff and a few "private" sales. So please let us know what you think....Here is the URL to the shop...
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Omega Guest
    Hey, CC, how will you cut the plates?

What would the tolerance be, for example, 3" +/- how many thousandths?

I'm thinking about making a cell that's enclosed on the sides with polycarbonate (Lexan) like Zero Fossil Fuel does. When you make a cell like that, it requires uniform plate width.

Thanks.

Omega, if you are looking for 1000th of an inch tolerance, you may probably want to look into precision shops who operate with CNC or water jet cutting.

We use a press brake and get closer than 1/32 of an inch. I was in a motorcycle accident earlier this week so it will be a bit before I can produce again, plus I am still waiting for inspections and board approval.

If you are building a generator that requires such extreme close tolerance, there is absolutly NO ROOM for error and you may want to have the pro shop construct the whole thing for you. Thats the sort of precision fit for a piston and sleeve in you engine.

1/32 of an inch, in my opinion and experiences, is very precise for this sort of application and should not require much more than that.

I have been wondering what happened to you, I hope your ok?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

I'll be okay...I was on my bike in Tulsa when a drunk driver rear ended me at a light...I went over his hood and rolled over to the next car. Busted rib and a few jammed fingers (thank god for skid lids!)...Not much but enough to make life a bit trickey-especially when everything revolves around the PC and work shop...lol...Thanks for asking about me

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    Omega, if you are looking for 1000th of an inch tolerance, you may probably want to look into precision shops who operate with CNC or water jet cutting.

We use a press brake and get closer than 1/32 of an inch. I was in a motorcycle accident earlier this week so it will be a bit before I can produce again, plus I am still waiting for inspections and board approval.

If you are building a generator that requires such extreme close tolerance, there is absolutly NO ROOM for error and you may want to have the pro shop construct the whole thing for you. Thats the sort of precision fit for a piston and sleeve in you engine.

1/32 of an inch, in my opinion and experiences, is very precise for this sort of application and should not require much more than that.

I think you read something into my question that isn't there. The answer to the question I asked is +/- 30 thousandths. I just wanted to know how many, didn't ask for one thousandth.

That was easy. Thanks for your response, hope you get healed up real quick.

2" wide plates are now available in a few different lengths and configurations.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or look to http://hydromonster.com (still under construction, and prices are not accurate on the site yet) for details starting Wed August 6

The site will have a bunch more sizes and other hardware by the end of the month.

JojoJaro Guest
    How much for 7"X1.6" 316L plates? I need 24.