Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauges

Gauges

I am looking for a gauge to tell me details similar to the Scangauge2. Although I will be ordering one for my 98 Ram, The site advertises it for vehicles newer than 1996 - and well, my other vehicle is a 94 Cavalier.

Can anyone point me out in the right direction, or even better...sell me what I need.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    I am looking for a gauge to tell me details similar to the Scangauge2. Although I will be ordering one for my 98 Ram, The site advertises it for vehicles newer than 1996 - and well, my other vehicle is a 94 Cavalier.

Can anyone point me out in the right direction, or even better...sell me what I need.
    guage for what exactly?

I need to know MPG at the least, it would be nice to have real time calculations, but I know not all gauges measure that quickly.

Other measurements are nice, but MPG "on the fly" will help alot as my tests get off the bench and on the road.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    I need to know MPG at the least, it would be nice to have real time calculations, but I know not all gauges measure that quickly.

Other measurements are nice, but MPG "on the fly" will help alot as my tests get off the bench and on the road.
    oh mpg, you can just figure out how many gallons your tank holds, then calculate your mpg without the HHO device by driveing till your out of gas, then try it with the HHO device,

True, there is a ton of ways to do it the old fason way, but I would like to know what exactly is going on as I encounter various conditions such as weather, altitude, speed, acceleration rates, slope grades, vehicle loads, and alot more.

Bench testing is going VERY well, especially as I draw from the experiences of our community here, but knowing real time (or close to it) vehicle specifics under various conditions is really what I am after next.

dennis13030 Guest
    Here is the Scan Guage II link.

http://www.scangauge.com/

Yep...I know that the scangauge is a great tool to have, but it is advertised on the site to only work with vehicles 1996 and newer...My problem is that I have a 94 Chevy and a 98 Ram. The Ram is setup already, but I will need to have something for the Cavalier.

rmptr Guest
    My guess is that Cavalier is 'blessed' with the full complement of soggy electronics to generate the info necessary for scangage or scangage II.

But I'd call and ask them!

Don't that have something posted to accept an email?

Best

Quote Originally Posted by rmptr View Post
    My guess is that Cavalier is 'blessed' with the full complement of soggy electronics to generate the info necessary for scangage or scangage II.

But I'd call and ask them!

Don't that have something posted to accept an email?

Best
    What is "soggy electronics"....?

crew02 Guest

Your Cav will be OBD 1 and your Ram will be OBD 2, so your DLC connectors will be different.
    Anything built 1996 and later [ and some 1995 models ] will have the OBD 2 connector.