Thread: 2001 Acura Integra

bigjim56 Guest

2001 Acura Integra

My current setup is on a 2001 Acura Integra, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual.
    It consists of 6 of the smaller pint mason jars based on the water4gas design. Its the exact same setup as the water4gas, just using smaller jars. At first they were installed using baking soda as the electrolite (big mistake),
    then I moved on to NaOH which is much better. I'm currently using a 15% alcohol to deionized water solution to battle the winter temps. I've had many setbacks with this system, and its currently not getting me much of any additional mpg's. Last tank I got a whole 15 miles more than the usual 350/tankful. WOW! So, now I'm currently doing a dry cell build after pretty much exhausting all hope w/this setup.

Don't get me wrong, with warm summer temps, these work great, but they only put out small puffs of HHO, not enough to make much difference. In summer it can be used w/o the alcohol and the efficiency increases. But with all of the vacuum leaks associated with the plastic lids, I went to a aluminum wrap tape that is a @#$#@ to rewrap when switching over solutions. I've been using the dripper valve to refill the electrolite.

This is just an opener thread for people that may have closely associated vehicles such as mine (other Integras/civics/etc). Any questions on my venture/setup and I will answer accordingly. I visit this site often and want to contribute to the greening of America, and putting the screws to BIG OIL.

I will repost follow ups as to my dry cell build and implementation when afforded.

Thanks,
    bigjim56

Lightbulb Mod ECU Convert to OBD1

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim56 View Post
    It consists of 6 of the smaller pint mason jars based on the water4gas design. Its the exact same setup as the water4gas, just using smaller jars. At first they were installed using baking soda as the electrolite (big mistake),
    then I moved on to NaOH which is much better. I'm currently using a 15% alcohol to deionized water solution to battle the winter temps. I've had many setbacks with this system, and its currently not getting me much of any additional mpg's. Last tank I got a whole 15 miles more than the usual 350/tankful. WOW! So, now I'm currently doing a dry cell build after pretty much exhausting all hope w/this setup.

Don't get me wrong, with warm summer temps, these work great, but they only put out small puffs of HHO, not enough to make much difference. In summer it can be used w/o the alcohol and the efficiency increases. But with all of the vacuum leaks associated with the plastic lids, I went to a aluminum wrap tape that is a @#$#@ to rewrap when switching over solutions. I've been using the dripper valve to refill the electrolite.

This is just an opener thread for people that may have closely associated vehicles such as mine (other Integras/civics/etc). Any questions on my venture/setup and I will answer accordingly. I visit this site often and want to contribute to the greening of America, and putting the screws to BIG OIL.

I will repost follow ups as to my dry cell build and implementation when afforded.

Thanks,
    bigjim56
    Purchase a OBD1 ECU for your Integra on ebay "OBD2 to OBD1" and a Modded OBD1 ECU with a Chip that you can custom tune the fule ratio etc...

you wont see any results as the ECU has set amount of Air/Fuel ratio etcc.

But since Integra is a tunner car OBD1 ECU's modded with "SPOON" chips sold on ebay (chips cost Max up to $20 and you doit yourself )

A modded ECU you can get for $150 and Cable from OBD2 to OBD1 for $150
    or buy a SPOON chip for $10 and do it yourself

And the software is free works with laptop, google it - tune integra mod ECU etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK...Q5fAccessories

this one is for 99 the 01 like your is different google it ask around they are avaliable (they used to be $50 but now $150 ) dam

Lightbulb Mod ECU Convert to OBD1

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim56 View Post

Thanks,
    bigjim56
    Purchase a OBD1 ECU for your Integra on ebay "OBD2 to OBD1" and a Modded OBD1 ECU with a Chip that you can custom tune the fule ratio etc...

you wont see any results as the ECU has set amount of Air/Fuel ratio etcc.

But since Integra is a tunner car OBD1 ECU's modded with "SPOON" chips sold on ebay (chips cost Max up to $20 and you doit yourself )

A modded ECU you can get for $150 and Cable from OBD2 to OBD1 for $150
    or buy a SPOON chip for $10 and do it yourself

And the software is free works with laptop, google it - tune integra mod ECU etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK...Q5fAccessories

this one is for 99 the 01 like your is different google it ask around they are avaliable (they used to be $50 but now $150 ) dam

If you're going to get a chipped ecu, please don't buy one off eBay like that!

No offense at all, but i've been in the honda game for a lil bit, generally those are low quality, have a crap basemap, or none at all, and fail very quickly.

My ecu (still not installed, as I haven't converted from obd2a-obd1) was chipped by a friend with a kit from Moates, and also converted to have Vtec.

You should look around some forums for guys who are respectable tuners, or go to a bigger name company who can chip you an ecu, process your car's status (engine, mods, goals, etc.) and give you a good basemap.

From there you will need something to connect to your ecu (generally a cord that requires an adapter to be soldered onto the board) so that you can fine tune the A/F ratios, timing, and other stuff.

not to drag this on, and I realize this is my first post, but just do some research on some honda forums before buying anything

I am currently in the process of converting my 2004 Honda Civic Si to HHO gas. Unless unforeseen circumstances, I should have results in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned !!!

Make sure you have the correct "Pump wire" and remember you are not cutting it to install the wire from the EFIE. You tapped into the "Pump wire", also if you get a P0133 code, which is slow to response. it means you started out too lean. where are you getting your EFIE from?