Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polycarbonate generators

Polycarbonate generators

I am currently building custom sized polycarbonate generators. I build them as the request comes in, so I dont have stocked units. Generally the units will run from $140 to $220. Price depends on size and amount of plates. These units are a bit large and hold a gallon or more of electrolyte. I have posted photos of a single cell unit and a double cell unit. The single cell produces .7 LPM at about 7 amps and the double cell I havent been able to measure yet, but it produces very well at 9 amps as you can see by the picture. The unit ran for 3 hours and the temp only reached 122°. The other photo is of a bubbler. It measures 2 X 2 X 6 inches. You can PM me in these boards, or email me at rjmarb1@suddenlink.net
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

rmptr Guest
    Very nice looking cell!

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    very nice looking cell, what did you use plexiglass of some sort?, also what kind of stats are you getting from that and are you using neutrals?

Schweet!!! Just wondering about the overall DRY weight of the single and double cells. I can relocate my battery into the trunk if necessary, but I would like to explore other mounting options as well....Dimensions seem to be okay, but overall weight will be a factor, too.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

I am not sure what the weight of the empty units are. I would guess about four pounds. Full of liquid, it would weigh close to 13 lbs. The double would weigh close to 15. I use 6 neutrals in the single cell unit and 8 in the double cell unit. I know that these are large for most peoples taste, but I built them large to allow for sustainability. They will run for several hours, not sure how long as I got really bored after 3 hours and decided to goto bed. The units are built with polycarbonate plastic that can withstand continous service at 270°F. The plastice is 3/8" thick or .375" or 9.5mm. The plate spacing is 1.5mm thick or .06". These two units were actually build for other people. The size was at their request to fit the location they had chosen. These two are just an example as my boxes are custom built by your specifications.

Looks like those particular cells have the potential for application in larger vehicles if you can get the LPM a bit higher, especially big rigs that travel for long preiods and have the space avail in a safe location. I may be ordering one myself soon Stratous, depends on my final shape and size selection for my mobile tests....Still doing my homework and bench tests...How much for a comperable size single cell with no metal, holes, or fittings?
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Around $80 to $90.

I will be talking with you very soon, likely by next weekend if all goes well...I would like to have one on hand for experiments and demonstrations. I will be opening an e-commerce site soon that will sell parts and pieces, maybe even partial kits where folks can customise, mix and match.
    1. Can you get Poly on a regular basis
    2. Do you accept Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    I will be talking with you very soon, likely by next weekend if all goes well...I would like to have one on hand for experiments and demonstrations. I will be opening an e-commerce site soon that will sell parts and pieces, maybe even partial kits where folks can customise, mix and match.
    1. Can you get Poly on a regular basis
    2. Do you accept Paypal?
    I have a paypal account, but havent used it much. I assume since I have an account that I can accept payment that way.

I can get as much poly as I need. There is a local plastic factory here in our town.

Atechguy Guest

Exclamation Alert!!

POLY or lexan http://www.flotronicpumps.co.uk/temp...p=page:0004Son chemical compatibilty chart is not good for use for KOH or NaOH .