Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New plate setup.... great results!!!!!

plumabob Guest

New plate setup.... great results!!!!!

I am reposting this here so that all may see. Decided to try another plate configuration in my Corolla instead of the +NNN-NNN+ I was using. I came up with an 8 plate setup +- +- +- +- with a 1 inch spacing between each set and NO NEUTRAL PLATES! I hooked it up in series. So it's basically 4 cells in one box. First thing I noticed was lower amp draw using the same % of electrolyte mix. I added about another half teaspoon of the Sodium Hydroxide and man alive this baby started to pump out HHO like crazy and it still is only drawing 25 amps max. I'm easily doubling HHO production. Ran it today for a couple of hours in the Corolla and no heat or amperages issues at all. I can definitely feel the difference driving. Car is much more responsive. I have my Map Enhancer set up for about .30 volts less at 55MPH then what it was in Normal mode. No CEL light yet. So now for another fill up and some real world driving.

Bob

rmptr Guest
    Could you post pics?

Thank you

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by plumabob View Post
    I am reposting this here so that all may see. Decided to try another plate configuration in my Corolla instead of the +NNN-NNN+ I was using. I came up with an 8 plate setup +- +- +- +- with a 1 inch spacing between each set and NO NEUTRAL PLATES! I hooked it up in series. So it's basically 4 cells in one box. First thing I noticed was lower amp draw using the same % of electrolyte mix. I added about another half teaspoon of the Sodium Hydroxide and man alive this baby started to pump out HHO like crazy and it still is only drawing 25 amps max. I'm easily doubling HHO production. Ran it today for a couple of hours in the Corolla and no heat or amperages issues at all. I can definitely feel the difference driving. Car is much more responsive. I have my Map Enhancer set up for about .30 volts less at 55MPH then what it was in Normal mode. No CEL light yet. So now for another fill up and some real world driving.

Bob
    Thats great news. I would like to see the unit, the design details and the performance details.

Are you using a PWM or any sort of active cooling plumabob?
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

plumabob Guest
    Heres a pic of my plate setup for now. No cooling needed... no PWM needed. This is working so good I have room for one more set of plate so I'm going to break it down and add a 5th set of +-. Should boost production even more.

rmptr Guest
    Excellent, Bob!

and great photo...

What are dimension of plates? gap, SS grade, etc?

Really looks like you've got a winner!

Thank you

plumabob Guest
    I am just using SS switch plates at the moment. There is a 1/16 inch gap between plates. As you can see everything is bolted together using SS hardware. I just added a 5th cell, it looks like I may have to add more electrolyte but I will run it a day or so before I do as the amp draw dropped again.

Bob

h-power Guest

plumabob

It looks great. What did you make your housing out of ? Do you know what kind of amps this unit draws and how many ml/min it produces?

plumabob Guest
    The case is from Home Depot in the Electrical Dept. No problem with heat so far. Not to sure yet about the production but I'm guessing a least 1 liter/minute. I will let you all know soon as soon as she breaks in for a few days and I drive it around some!

Bob

rmptr Guest
    OK Bob,

The lite finally comes on!
    Now I believe I've deciphered what you've done in the picture...

You have the plates slit, at the top, and a tab bent over for the connection. (The photo looked kinda like there were neutral plates in between the connected plates!)

So, your next situation will be an effective seal of the box...
    ...which may not be too much of a biggie, as it will be under constant vacuum, of at least some degree at all times it's operating.

Please maintain your electrolyte at your consistent base formula so we can observe your amperage draw without the wildcard... well, without THAT wildcard.

Operational time and ratio of heat increase plotted against HHO production is the next factor to watch.

If we can standardize our experimental cells it will be easier to identify progress. Far better than ragtag groups running about with scatter guns bringing a duck or two home for dinner. ALL got results!

I've bought a case of Ball Mason wide mouth jars and a dozen SS blank covers today.
    I'm going glass because it's available most places cheaply, and HHO production is easily visible for interested bystanders.
    More people we can get involved, better off we all become.

Best