Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New plate setup.... great results!!!!!

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by plumabob View Post
    I am reposting this here so that all may see. Decided to try another plate configuration in my Corolla instead of the +NNN-NNN+ I was using. I came up with an 8 plate setup +- +- +- +- with a 1 inch spacing between each set and NO NEUTRAL PLATES! I hooked it up in series. So it's basically 4 cells in one box. First thing I noticed was lower amp draw using the same % of electrolyte mix. I added about another half teaspoon of the Sodium Hydroxide and man alive this baby started to pump out HHO like crazy and it still is only drawing 25 amps max. I'm easily doubling HHO production. Ran it today for a couple of hours in the Corolla and no heat or amperages issues at all. I can definitely feel the difference driving. Car is much more responsive. I have my Map Enhancer set up for about .30 volts less at 55MPH then what it was in Normal mode. No CEL light yet. So now for another fill up and some real world driving.

Bob
    Can you please post gas output in LPM for this plate setup?

David Hamilton Guest
    Hey Plum Do you have a photo of plate layout guess I'm confused on the
    hook up looks like you have pos and neg at the top but all plates are
    connected together.

plumabob Guest
    I already posted a pic of my plate layout. It is just as it looks + to one end - to the other end and each set of plates connected in series as you see. I have since added 1 more set of plates to give me a total of 10 plates or 5 cells as follows
    +- +- +- +- +- . Now heres some great news at idle it's pulling 18 amps after an hour of driving and producing 1.2LPM. I imagine it would be more at higher rpm's. So it's official this more then doubles what my original
    +NNN-NNN+ plate setup was producing at a much lower amp draw. You do have to add a little more Sodium Hydroxide but it runs a lot cooler. Now if I can just get the computer to behave I should see a nice mileage increase.

EltonBrandd Guest
    I cant make sense of the picture. Do you have a different view of the plates? And how do you seal the top?

plumabob Guest
    Read my other post on my Corolla there are more pics there.

I already posted a pic of my plate layout. It is just as it looks + to one end - to the other end and each set of plates connected in series as you see. I have since added 1 more set of plates to give me a total of 10 plates or 5 cells as follows
    +- +- +- +- +- . Now heres some great news at idle it's pulling 18 amps after an hour of driving and producing 1.2LPM. I imagine it would be more at higher rpm's. So it's official this more then doubles what my original
    +NNN-NNN+ plate setup was producing at a much lower amp draw. You do have to add a little more Sodium Hydroxide but it runs a lot cooler. Now if I can just get the computer to behave I should see a nice mileage increase.
    This is very strange, my original design was a +-+-+- set up, I switched to the +NN-NN+ because it ran much cooler with lower amp draw. I admit it doesnt produce as much, but it can run allday at 9 to 12 amps and produce 1lpm. Of course the design is larger and uses two cells run in series. My current design in my truck is 4 cells set up as +--+ with no nuetrals. It produces good, but gets hot very quickly.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

justaguy Guest
    Could someone describe hooked up in series. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Could someone describe hooked up in series. thanks
    Hooked in series is like stacking two AA batteries in top of each other. Negative to Positive to Negative to Positive.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

rmptr Guest
    When the bloomin' Xmas tree lights go out, you gotta check 'em all, until you find the bad one if they're in series.

If they're parallel, the rest stay on when one goes out.

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Heres a pic of my plate setup for now. No cooling needed... no PWM needed. This is working so good I have room for one more set of plate so I'm going to break it down and add a 5th set of +-. Should boost production even more.
    lol you use the exact same container im using now, only my plates are round, im gonna try that set up.