Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New plate setup.... great results!!!!!

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EltonBrandd View Post
    I cant make sense of the picture. Do you have a different view of the plates? And how do you seal the top?
    i use the same set up (all most) and the top just screws onto the contaner with SS screws, it has an O-ring type seal.

justaguy Guest
    Thanks Stratous, I,m aware of that configuration but got confused thinking the +nnnnn- was series. Now if I had my plates +-+-+-+- how do I wire them?

plumabob Guest
    Stratous, I don't know why but amp draw is way down running this setup as compared to my original +NNN-NNN+ and output is more then doubled, granted with more electrolyte but temp and amps are both much lower then before. I run no cooler or circulation lines at all and she doesn't overheat. Never went above 18 amps running for a couple of hours of highway and stop and go traffic today. Unless somebody else comes up with something better I'm staying with this for awhile.

Bob

hho_underground Guest

Question I've stared at the pic... but I don't get it...

Hello,

Maybe someone can hellp me understand.

When I look at the pic of the +- +- +- +- cell, I see it as +n nn nn n-.

When looking at the pic, the bolt at the top left coming through the box is suppling is +. The bolt at the top right is suppling the -.

If the plates are separated by non conductive spacers, how can they be + or -.

My head hurts. Someone please enlighten me!

Thanks,
    -M

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Thanks Stratous, I,m aware of that configuration but got confused thinking the +nnnnn- was series. Now if I had my plates +-+-+-+- how do I wire them?
    You can only do a series cell if your running more than one. if your going to run +-+-+- then just hook power to them normally. Series and parallel circuits are only applicable if you have more than one cell hooked into the same power source. You can only wire them up one of those two ways. Parallel supples the same voltage to both cells. In a series circuit the voltage is divided equally among the cells in the circuit. So a two cell circuit would have approx 6 volts accross each one.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by hho_underground View Post
    Hello,

Maybe someone can hellp me understand.

When I look at the pic of the +- +- +- +- cell, I see it as +n nn nn n-.

When looking at the pic, the bolt at the top left coming through the box is suppling is +. The bolt at the top right is suppling the -.

If the plates are separated by non conductive spacers, how can they be + or -.

My head hurts. Someone please enlighten me!

Thanks,
    -M
    From the photograph, I can tell how they are wired together either.

plumabob Guest

Lightbulb

Ok, man I must have been half asleep the last couple of days. Don't I feel like a horses arse
    It is indeed +N NN NN NN N- I confused myself when I bolted the sets together at the ends. But results are results and this one is a winner. Apologies to all as I'm new to this. There are no + or - connections to the middle plates, just the ends. I would like for sombody else to try this setup to see if they get similar results.

PAPAFIXIT Guest
    Hey Bob, that's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat news. I was sandbaggin' untill you posted your results, now I'm ready to build.
    Congratulations, great work.

Quote Originally Posted by plumabob View Post
    Ok, man I must have been half asleep the last couple of days. Don't I feel like a horses arse
    It is indeed +N NN NN NN N- I confused myself when I bolted the sets together at the ends. But results are results and this one is a winner. Apologies to all as I'm new to this. There are no + or - connections to the middle plates, just the ends. I would like for sombody else to try this setup to see if they get similar results.

I am not glad that you were wrong, but at the same time I am because I tried the +-+-+- configuration and know that it has heat and amp draw issues. I am glad the mistake was discovered as it would be bad for people to discover the mistake on their own. Personally you had me confused as to why your +-+-+- setup was working so well when I knew from past attempts that the configuration had limits.

plumabob Guest
    Guess thats why they put erasers on pencils