Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dry Cell Project

My Dry Cell Project

UPDATE: Someone has ask me to restore all the images as the host site was no longer hosting the images...

The cell is made up of 36 - 316L stainless steel plates measuring 8"x8" with neoprene gaskets between each plate. This is a 7 cell design. I will be using a custom 80 amp PWM and a DEIFE to control my O2 sensor. Also the system will be wired through a oil pressure switch, doing so makes the entire system safer to operate due to the engine needed to be running for the cell to operate.The cell block is configured as follows, -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+

You will see in the drawing I am using two bubblers with Vinegar in the last bubbler to clean the HHO gas before entering the intake.

As you can see everything will be neatly behind the front bumper with the last bubbler inside the hood mounted on the firewall. The final bubbler will have a sarran wrap blow plug as well. The final assembly will be made once I have the entire bracket made and it has been powered coated. I have yet to decide where the PWM will mount but it needs to be under the hood and so that I can make adjustments to the pots.

Here are photos of the cell mounted. I took a piece of ¾” PCV flat stock, cut it to the width of the inside of the end plates. Next I machined out a 3” wide grove and ½” deep so the cell rest over the cross member I built and installed. Next I bought a product called “Make Your Own Hose Clamp. This material comes in lengths up to 50’ if needed. Using the stainless steel hose clamps I clamp the cell to the cross member. It’s a very ridged mount and the cell will not move.

Thought I would share a photo I received from the maker of my cell. This is how you remove all finger prints, dust, etc. before building the cell. Also take not that the plates are NOT sanded as some are doing to their cell plates. There is no solid proof that I have read that says sanding the plates helps HHO production... I think what’s going on is there is a lot of BACK YARD mechanic work going on and being reported with no proof to back it up…

Now I understand why neoprene is used for gaskets to seal these cells that have a number of plates. When washed and cleaned of the powder that is placed on the neoprene gaskets the neprene is very sticky. Furthermore I understand why nylon all-thread is used, it takes very little pressure to seal the cell. In fact once the plates are stacked on top and with the neoprene gaskets in between each plate it is nearly impossible to pull the plates apart even without the nuts on either side.

Photos of the finished soldering of the terminals and wiring. I used THHN #10 wire as it has a tough insulation and fits my needs.