Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My Dry Cell Project

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    Update to this thread. I kinda took a break but interest has gotten me moving forward again. Had a setback this passed weekend when the generator ran for about 45 minutes and then shutdown.

Having tried a number of things, from changing electrolyte to making a repair to the ground wire the system just would not produce any gas even thoughI had power to the cells. I then decided that the cells were shorted out. Because of the way I have the generator mounted I was not able to see the bottom of the plates. I suspected I had a leak that led to a build up of Potassium Hydroxide across the plates. After removing the generator and upon inspection I was correct. After cleaning up the bottom of the plates and remounting the generator everything is now AOK...
    Good to hear.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Please Do Not Post Off Topic

To all others, please keep on topic of this thread, if you want to reply to safehho and what he is marketing please start another thread... Thanks, The Viper...

Dry cell plates???

Hey Viper
    Nice setup
    Im a beginner so I hope you dont mind the lame questions
    Would a mixture of flat plate and perforated plate produce more hho???
    Do you have to disasemble your gen to clean plates and how often do you have to disasemble to clean?
    Cant you clean the gen without disasembling?

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    Hey Viper
    Nice setup
    Im a beginner so I hope you dont mind the lame questions
    Would a mixture of flat plate and perforated plate produce more hho???
    Do you have to disasemble your gen to clean plates and how often do you have to disasemble to clean?
    Cant you clean the gen without disasembling?

I have no experience in using perforated plates. As for cleaning I have pumped white vinegar through my system for a few hours and then flushed the system with distilled water. I hope NOT to disassemble the gen as it is a pain in the ass to do with these neoprene gaskets.

A few post above you should have read where I had a leak and this had to be cleaned before the cells would produce again. Kinda my fault in that I had not checked the cells after having been heated up and cooled down number of times after the install...

Wow can't believe this thread is still available... So where is HHO at today guys? Has there been much advancement?

Viper,

Just read through your work and it's fantastic! Did you have any mileage increase with your cell system?

Here's what I've been working on: http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6577

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    Wow can't believe this thread is still available... So where is HHO at today guys? Has there been much advancement?
    It appears to me the direction of HHO is headed toward very High voltage systems with super low amps. Rumors of 3-5 LPM of (quality) HHO at 10-20 watts are being said.

I hope to have some real details on that by spring. The electronics are way over my head, some of the components are very critical in making them so... I think their are a few unrelated folks working on this. We will see.

Oh yeah a guy Name Fast Freddy has been claiming to run 100% water truck. A lot of reputable HHO guys think it is a scam. But some OU physics guys are trying to duplicate it so they think it is legit. The high voltage approach seems more of a sure thing than Fast Freddy's approach. But ether way i think some neat things are coming.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Great thread, a very enjoyable read.

wow

that thing looks amazing. I just joined this forum and wanted to get some ideas. I have my cell built but now i have to to find the best way to install and control the whole thing. I'm doing it on a 1993 4cyl gas camry. Think i could send you some pictures and you could give me some guidance? I really want to do a clean job and your looks the cleanest.

Thanks Peter

pistolpete83 on skype

8454810825 mobile

I have been asked to repost all the photos as the host is no longer hosting the photos.