Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dry Cell Project

[QUOTE=DodgeViper;23886]Larry,

The gaskets are hard neoprene. Beleive me even when the bolts are removed I would bet that the cells would stay together. When you wash the plates and gaskets in just water and pull them from the dishwasher and assemble the cells it a a freaken job to pull 36 plates apart. I am talking of hours to seperate the plates.

If that is the case I simply can not understand the sticking problem. Like I said I used commercial grade Neoprene and not one gasket ever stuck even one little bit. I reused the gaskets over and over with no issues. There is something going on.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Larry,

If that is the case I simply can not understand the sticking problem. Like I said I used commercial grade Neoprene and not one gasket ever stuck even one little bit. I reused the gaskets over and over with no issues. There is something going on.

Larry
    Larry,

I don't have a problem with it sticking. I have worked with a number of neoprene gaskets working with boilers ovr the years and I have encountered the sticking before. When the gaskets are wet and the cell is put together wet is mainly where the sticking is encoutered. This makes a cell block leak proof... Neoprene when new usually has a powder on it to keep the neoprene from sticking to each other. It's once its washed is when it becomes tacky...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post

BoyntonStu

Boynton,

My fault for not having a flashback arrestor install, but it was a great lesson learned. What kind of restriction do you have on producing HHO without and with the flashback arrestor installed?

I have yet to make any adjustments to my PWM and at 43 AMPS and making 3LPM is somewhat high. I do need to mention that at the time I did both of my videos on HHO production the cell block plates were not completely covered in electrolytes due to the res. being to low. I have purchased a few new bubblers and a new 3L res. and will need to reposition the bubblers. My last bubbler will contain vinegar to cleanse the HHO gas before entering the intake. The cell block I have can produce upwards of 7 liters at 80 Amps. I am shooting for 1 liter for each liter of my engine or 5 liters.

I take it that you have installed a high output alternator. If not those kind of amps will fry your OEM alternator.

Just found some time to look through your posts again here at work, that's a really neat, clean install. I like the support bracket you fabricated, wish I had the facilities to do that kind of work.

Is your Ram a 4.7? I'm working on a 2006 4.7 myself.

You could always mount your reservoir slightly higher than your cell to keep it full.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I take it that you have installed a high output alternator. If not those kind of amps will fry your OEM alternator.
    I currently have a 138 amp alternator and have contacted someone locally who can get 160 out of it. If needed I have located a 200 amp model...

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Just found some time to look through your posts again here at work, that's a really neat, clean install. I like the support bracket you fabricated, wish I had the facilities to do that kind of work.

Is your Ram a 4.7? I'm working on a 2006 4.7 myself.

You could always mount your reservoir slightly higher than your cell to keep it full.

Russ.
    Russ I have a 2002 4.7L with a narrow band O2 sensor. Yea we have a very well equipped shop so I can fabricate anything I need. Here is a video of my O2 after the truck had warmed up. You have a wideband O2 on your truck... Have you had any luck?

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    Larry,

I don't have a problem with it sticking. I have worked with a number of neoprene gaskets working with boilers ovr the years and I have encountered the sticking before. When the gaskets are wet and the cell is put together wet is mainly where the sticking is encoutered. This makes a cell block leak proof... Neoprene when new usually has a powder on it to keep the neoprene from sticking to each other. It's once its washed is when it becomes tacky...
    You don't have a problem with sticking because you do have a problem with sealing. I've modified my sid cell for that reason. It didn't stick either, but now it does. You need to get rid of those nylon studs, replace them with 3/8 plastic tube with 1/4" bolts in them. Then you can get a good seal. You are probably leaking hydrogen gas since its smaller than oxygen and water. While you are at it read H2OPWR's thread of zero current leakage and get some plastic dip. You might want to read my thread on P-Channel mosfets also.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    You don't have a problem with sticking because you do have a problem with sealing. I've modified my sid cell for that reason. It didn't stick either, but now it does. You need to get rid of those nylon studs, replace them with 3/8 plastic tube with 1/4" bolts in them. Then you can get a good seal. You are probably leaking hydrogen gas since its smaller than oxygen and water. While you are at it read H2OPWR's thread of zero current leakage and get some plastic dip. You might want to read my thread on P-Channel mosfets also.
    Russ
    You missed read what I said. My plates are stuck together and need to be pulled apart when I disassemble the cell this taking hours to pull the cells apart. Sid use to use 1/4" bolts and plastic tubing and has gone to nylon bolts. There is NO possible way the cell is leaking due to the design. The bolt holes pass through the neoprene gaskets with a secured seal to metal/rubber around each bolt hole. The cell is not under pressure and the gas is going to take its least restrictive path, that being pulled into the intake… Sorry I do not buy into the cell leaking...

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    You missed read what I said. My plates are stuck together and need to be pulled apart when I disassemble the cell this taking hours to pull the cells apart. Sid use to use 1/4" bolts and plastic tubing and has gone to nylon bolts. There is NO possible way the cell is leaking due to the design. The bolt holes pass through the neoprene gaskets with a secured seal to metal/rubber around each bolt hole. The cell is not under pressure and the gas is going to take its least restive path, that being pulled into the intakeā€¦ Sorry I do not buy into the cell leaking...
    I glad your getting it to seal. Something else you might consider is adding a 5th neutral plate. You are probably uses 2.85Vdc between cells and a 5th plate will bring that down to about 2.25vdc. That should increase your production a little.
    Russ